LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Catalyst 13.5 Legacy for Desktop and Mobile

Dox

I've modded the Beta 2 Catalyst 13.5 drivers to add unofficial legacy support and more. There are two versions in this release. Version A and B. See the release notes below. Supports Windows 7 and 8 x64 only!

== Version 13.5.0A --- 2013/04/29 (YYYY/MM/DD )==
- Initial release
- Removed x86 support
- Removed x86 files as no longer required
- Added support for legacy desktop and mobile graphics cards
- supports desktop and mobile graphics cards fom HD2xxx to HD7xxx
- Packaged in with official 13.5 beta 2 drivers

http://www.mediafire.com/?duk7r1e8jrbyfpf

== Version 13.5.0B --- 2013/04/29 (YYYY/MM/DD )==
- Initial release
- Removed x86 support
- Removed x86 files as no longer required
- Added support for legacy desktop and mobile graphics cards
- supports desktop and mobile graphics cards fom HD2xxx to HD7xxx
- Packaged in with .dll from official 13.1 legacy drivers
  and directX and OpenGL .dll from official 13.5 beta 2 drivers

http://www.mediafire.com/?att815txlkowh5u

Each version includes updated version of Catalyst Eye and winEx

When posting feedback please state whether you used version A or version B

Thanks a lot for this...Is there any chance to mod them for Windows XP 32 bit for older systems with AGP legacy HD series,please?

Anyone happen to have the link for the resolution for Code 52 when running Window 8 x64?

I did the normal shutdown with advanced options for disable driver signature enforcement for windows 8 (have done it for 3 other driver installs), but for the A version (have not tested B version) after restarting when the driver is installed properly, it simply gives the Code 52 error (the other 3 driver installs done with this method still work fine).

Mind you, I knew the resoluton and had a link for Win7 a while back, but I seem to have deleted it, and after searching for about 2 hours (on/off as things that didnt work upset me), I have resolved to just make this noobie post here.

Thanks again Dox, my nVidia box's miss you!

HP TouchSmart TX2500CTO, Mobility HD3200

Thanks!

EDIT: I get the same issue with version B, reverted back to previous.

Edited by Hammerfest

Hammerfest,

thank you for testing... appreciate it. Others have reported the same problem... So.....lets get this working between the both of us. I want to help legacy users... desktop and mobile. To be honest the driver installs on my system fine since I own a HD 7950.

Would you be willing to help me with this? I will have to work closely with you. You will not have to redownload the whole package just different update files.

Please let me know. Thanks :)

Hammerfest,

thank you for testing... appreciate it. Others have reported the same problem... So.....lets get this working between the both of us. I want to help legacy users... desktop and mobile. To be honest the driver installs on my system fine since I own a HD 7950.

Would you be willing to help me with this? I will have to work closely with you. You will not have to redownload the whole package just different update files.

Please let me know. Thanks :)

Ya, not a problem, the only downside is that I work from 2PM to 12AM, so i only have about an hour~ when I wake up to do testing!

Edited by Hammerfest

no worries mate... please check your PM when you got time.

I'm not having any luck with these on my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (I'm on Windows 7 x64 w/ SP1). I've tried both versions, and while they do install, going to device manager shows "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". Let me know if I can help with debugging.

Edited by Ver Greeneyes