LaptopVideo2Go Forums

nvidia optimus - device manager not detecting hardware on acer 5755

batman

I have an Acer 5755 which has switchable graphics card within the laptop.

within the BIOS it is enabled to Switchable (not intergrated only)

I have installed only the Intel integrated graphics card drive fine, but within the device manager there appears only one graphics device.

I have looked through Google search and seen that quite a lot of people have had issues with Optimus technology from nVidia also a lot of driver installation issues or not detecting the GPU.

also if I try to install the nVidia graphics driver it also fails to detect any nVidia product.

This has only happened since a fresh installation of windows 7 on the machine. I think the first step is getting the Hardware ID which I am unable to get as the device manager does not show the device, it's almost like it's disabled elsewhere apart from the BIOS which is baffling.

please note the hard drive previously failed, an OEM version of windows 7 came with no drivers, so I have had to rely on nvidia website and the acer website for support for drivers,

you lot seem to really know what your talking about regarding Nvidia issues on these boards.

I pray somebody can help.  You could make a 15yr boy really happy for his birthday if I can get this fixed soon for him.