LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Problem with my new laptop - No drivers for XP32

andrejf

Hello all.

I recently bought new laptop from Medion with graphic card GTX 680M. There were drivers for Windows 7 and 8, but since I work with CAD, I would need Windows XP 32.

I couldn't install any driver so far My DEV is 11A0 and subsys is 10BC1462.

Is there someone, willing to help me? I am desperate, because I bought this machine as business client and now I think, I cannot return it to the seller.

Someone have any idea, what can I do?

Thank you all for this wonderful forum.

Andrej

Hi,

Just download the latest driver from nvidia site (http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-winxp-307.83-whql-driver.html), extract it with 7zip or something, open folder "Display.Driver", open "nvcvn.inf" with notepad and find this line:

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0371.1558% = Section004, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0&SUBSYS_03711558

delete "&SUBSYS_03711558"

and it will look like this line:

%NVIDIA_DEV.11A0.0371.1558% = Section004, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11A0

Now save the file and run "setup.exe" from the main folder where you extracted the driver.

Have a nice day :)

Hi Beyond.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I tried with the procedure as you so beautifully described but unfortunately without succes. Installation runs smoothly, but when I restart the computer, there is only blue screen for one second with some gibberish and then restart.

I don't know, what to do next.

Did anybody had similar problems? Any hints, how to run this card under XP? I will reward the provider of solution via paypal, just help me please.

Thank you in advance.

Blue screen is most likely due to one of two reasons (note: not the only cause). Corrupted windows XP installation or faulty GPU. Back when I had windows XP once I was getting blue screens and after a fresh install it started working. I don't know if you have dual boot but I still ask, can you install new drivers on windows 7/8 on that laptop without getting blue screen?

Hi again, Beyond.

Yes, I have succesfully installed W7 and 8 both 32 and 64 bit. No problem at all.

I installed XP three times today with SP3 and .NET 4.0 and only drivers for Intel ME, Intel Chipset, Intel HD graphics driver 4000 and I think the driver for wireless adapter.

I found out also, that this is actually same computer as MSI GT 70 0NE

http://www.msi.com/product/nb/GT70-0NE.html#/?div=Driver&os=Win8%2064

MSI doesn't provide drivers for XP either.

The only feedback from Medion was, that they simply don't support XP anymore.

Try downloading other drivers and install doing the same as I told you in my first answer. You can use any ".inf" file. If there is no "DEV_11A0" in the list replace from any GTX 4XX or GTX 5XX the "DEV_XXXX" with your card's "DEV_11A0". If it doesn't work maybe try installing drivers in a XP without service packs or maybe try to download a different XP version. If all that fails I don't know what else it could be. I guess you're screwed sorry :(

Well, I tried to install several releases of Windows XP. No matter what, the drivers won't work. I will try now to mod all the inf files, one at the time of release 320.18 and if that wont work also with 320.14. That will probably take all weekend. I this fails, I'm selling my laptop. Anyone interested?

• 1 month later...

maybe if u have a gooooooooood price we speak again :yes: