LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Brightness goes down to 50% after resuming from stand by

berryracer

Initially, I had a problem where when the screen timeout time runs out, (I put mine to go off every 15 mins) when I move m mouse to get the screen back on the brightnss is down from 100% to 50% and I have to manually use the FN + Brightness key up to get it back to where it was.

I solved that by changing the Color Settings to USE nVIDIA SETTING in the nVIDIA Control Panel

But the problem still lies when I leave the computer for a long time and close the lid down, wen the screen comes back on the screen is 50% only of the brightness.

I have had these problems also on my older ASUS G75VW Laptop which had a GTX 670M and now with my ASUS G750M with a GTX 770M the problem is there again

how to solve this annoying issue?

I am using the ASUS nVIDIA Graphics Driver 9.18.13.1159 which is equivalant to the nVIDIA Driver 311.59

any help would be appreciated

Does it use Power4Gear software? P4G has some brightness settings.

Does it use Power4Gear software? P4G has some brightness settings.

ahhh ok, I didn't install it as I thought those extra power plans were useless, I will try installing Power4Gear Hybrid and report back

It does about the same as Windows but you get more settings conveniently simultaneously - amongst adjust display brightness.