LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Eurocom Electra

mobilenvidia

If money was no object then these Clevo based Notebooks offer the ultimate performance.

Here is a 15.6" monster fully kitted out with the best options.

Below optioned machine is only CAD$7589 :eek:

m244.jpg

Base

System and Display

EUROCOM Electra

LCD Display

15.6-inch (39.6cm); FHD 1920x1080; IPS RGB; Matte (Non-Glare); 400:1; Wide Viewing Angle; Backlight LED; LP156WF4

Built-in Web Camera

2.0 Megapixels; FHD 1920x1080; 30fps; w/ Samsung HD controller

Graphics

NVIDIA Optimus Technology: dGPU NVIDIA GTX 750M 2GB DDR3 on-board and iGPU Intel HD4600 Haswell GT2 (400MHz-1350MHz)

GPU / Graphics Technology

Discrete GPU (dGPU) with NVIDIA Optimus Technology: on-board / fixed Graphics (dGPU) and Internal GPU (iGPU) CPU Based

CPU

3.00 GHz (up to 3.90) Intel Mobile EXTREME Core i7-4930MX (Haswell); 4C/8T; 8MB L3; 22nm; FCPGA946; 57W; DDR3L-1600

Memory

16GB; 2x 8GB; DDR3-1600 PC-12800; 204pin - 2 SODIMMs

Internal mSATA SSD (1st)

480GB mSATA3 SSD; MLC; Micron/Crucial M500 SATA3 (6Gb/s); 25nm; Marvell 88SS9187

1st Hard Drive

800GB SSD; 25nm HET MLC; Intel DC S3700; SATA3 6Gb/s; AES-256; IOPS: 75K (4K Reads), 36K (4K Writes)

2nd Hard Drive

800GB SSD; 25nm HET MLC; Intel DC S3700; SATA3 6Gb/s; AES-256; IOPS: 75K (4K Reads), 36K (4K Writes)

Optical Drive

6x Blu-Ray WRITER; Tray; SATA; Panasonic UJ-260; BDXL 100/128GB media support; w/ software

Wireless LAN

802.11b/g/n PCIe Half MiniCard; Realtek RTL8188CE

Internal Card Reader

9-in-1 Card Reader; MMC/RSMMC; SD/MiniSD/SDHC/SDXC; MS/MS Pro/MS Duo

Standard Battery (internal)

6-cells Smart Li-Ion Battery Pack; 62.16WH; High Capacity

Standard AC Adapter

90W AC Adapter; 100-240V Auto-Switching

Monster?    NVIDIA GTX 750M  ...not... but the price!  Well, over 2 TB of SSD feels a little overkill. Would say a little unbalanced system. But nice processing/system performance.

Well, with TV-card and extra battery you get CAD 8127 :dogpile:

Clevo based system with this price???

Well, it's the only time that I'd like to buy an Apple product... The ONLY one!

2x  800 GB SSD do cost 2495 each...

2x  800 GB SSD do cost 2495 each...

Only $2495 ea :D

Yeah right, I know you must have been joking when you posted this!  That's horrendous value & ridiculously overpriced & completely unbalanced like someone said before.  Yep, that's just insane, people should be shot for buying that laptop! :-)

I'll post an even more horrendously prices laptop later

I'll post an even more horrendously prices laptop later

Haha, good stuff! :-)

My first laptop did cost over 3000 €, 17" Acer 1714 and what - 7 to 8 kilograms? ; it blew in a year. Performance/price was horrible!

My first laptop did cost over 3000 €, 17" Acer 1714 and what - 7 to 8 kilograms? ; it blew in a year. Performance/price was horrible!

My first laptop might be even more hilarious.  It was in 1987, and it was given to me second hand, so was quite old at that time even.  I think it was one of the first ever 'laptops'.  Really it was just a large suitcase (about 20kg) (IBM) with handle that folded out to reveal the keyboard and what must have been a 6" CGA screen.  I think it was an 8086, but not sure.  I had that thing until 1992, hooked up to an external monitor, so was super pleased when I eventually upgraded to a 386!

Edited by Robbo the Second

The early laptops were really something! Forgot, my first laptop was a 14" (I think) Win95 Toshiba Tecra 266MMX in late 90's - suggested retail was about 5400€!  I got it with 75% discount - it was a gray import from Russia. Used it just a little and gave it to my son. Almost good for some Quake2 playing with that Virge DX as long as kept on 640x480 max...

The early laptops were really something! Forgot, my first laptop was a 14" (I think) Win95 Toshiba Tecra 266MMX in late 90's - suggested retail was about 5400€!  I got it with 75% discount - it was a gray import from Russia. Used it just a little and gave it to my son. Almost good for some Quake2 playing with that Virge DX as long as kept on 640x480 max...

That's a lot of money without the discount - fits into this thread quite nicely! :-)

It was an 8088 that I had, not the 8086 like I thought, I found a link to the IBM Portable PC here:

http://www.vintage-computer.com/ibmportable.shtml

I remember now, it had a 20MB HDD, which was madness for the day, pretty good from that point of view.

Toshiba Tecra 510CDT with the 128MB RAM module

My first mobile love

Great little computer with 144MB EDO RAM huge back in it's day

133Mhz Pentium what a beast.

Crap battery life, but great keyboard and CD

Toshiba Tecra 510CDT with the 128MB RAM module

My first mobile love

Great little computer with 144MB EDO RAM huge back in it's day

133Mhz Pentium what a beast.

Crap battery life, but great keyboard and CD

Even 32 MB was huge - 128 enormous. And at which cost...

Even 32 MB was huge - 128 enormous. And at which cost...

I managed to get it for around $800 which at that time was cheap for it.

Seem to remember they sold new for $2000+

You all seem to be missing the point that such configs aren't for general usage but for rather specific usage scenarios, with both processing power and fast storage are very welcome alongside small form factors that are portable enough to be used in the field.

About the whole bang for buck argument, (basically all) laptops are awful in that regard, to which desktops are much better purchases, but this is a rather old argument.