LaptopVideo2Go Forums

No Sound from HP Pavilion g4-1310au Speakers on Windows XP

Musafir_86

Hello everyone,

-I have a problem with a new HP Pavilion g4-1310au (D9H87PA) regarding its audio driver (IDT HD Audio). The laptop's speakers & internal microphone are not working even after installing the correct driver on Windows XP SP3. External headphone plugged into the audio jack works fine, and everything works correctly on Windows 7 SP1.

-The exact hardware ID is HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605&SUBSYS_103C3564 (92HD81B1X). I already tried many driver package from HP, including SP52720.exe (5.10.6324.0), SP53281.exe (5.10.6330.0), SP55082.exe (5.10.6341.0), SP59154.exe (5.10.6425.0), up until the latest SP62037.exe (5.10.6469.0), but none works. All these packages includes Windows XP driver that match the actual hardware ID and can be installed without the need for any modifications.

-The laptop's owner insists on Windows XP as he has program(s) that won't run 100% correct on Windows 7 (or Vista/8).

-Is there any generic XP driver for HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_7605? I'm asking this because on Windows 7, even default Windows driver (generic "High Definition Audio") works fine.

-BTW, according to stahd.ini, the configuration file for this specific model is 92XXM11-4.INI; is there anything in there I could edit/modify to make it works? I suspect there's something wrong with that file that causes this issue.

-Every help is really appreciated, thank you very much.

Regards,
-Musafir_86.