LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Dell Studio XPS 1340 GeForce 9400M G / GeForce G210M drivers

Hello,

I have the above mentioned laptop with these two graphic cards. I am running Windows 8.1 Pro x64. My problem is that even though Device Manager shows these two as installed correctly I am unable to switch to GeForce G210M, instead GeForce 9400M G is running as the primary one.

When I go to nVidia drivers download page and let it detect my GPU it recognized both cards correctly. However it shows following: 2pp10fc.jpg

As you can see GeForce 9400M G is selected as the primary one and I have the latest drivers installed. But for GeForce G210M it says I should download drivers from the manufacturer. Well, Dell does not have Windows 8.1 drivers, at least I could not find them. When I search manually for GeForce 200M series drivers on nVidia website it returns the same driver I have installed: 331.58 - WHQL.

So I assume I just need modded INF so the driver is installed for GeForce G210M too? And how would I switch the graphic card - hoping when nVidia driver is installed it would allow me to do so?

Thanks for any advice!

• 1 month later...