LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Windows 8.1 Bootcamp - Nvidia 9600M GT - error driver

Tsertse

Hello,

I tried to install new nvidia driver for my 9600M GT graphic card.

I use a Macbook pro 17' 2009, with bootcamp and windows 8.1 x64.

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0647&SUBSYS_00B0106B&REV_A1

So, I downloaded the 335.23_win8X64 driver from your site and I used the modified INF.

My graphic card used the driver (8.17.12.6141 from 19/01/2011), I uninstall it with the device manager, after reboot, I install the 335.23 driver with de device manager and during the installation I receive this error (The hash of the file is missing from the specified catalog file. The file is probably damaged or tampered with.)

And If I try to install with the setup.exe from the nvidia folder, I passed the compatibility test, choose express or custom (new install and only driver), I always receive a failure error during the instalation.

Thank you !!!

Tsertse

I resolve the error and I correctly install the new driver.

The very simple solution : Press F7 during Windows 8/8.1 startup to allow the installation of modded drivers. By default, Windows 8/8.1 doesn’t allow unsigned drivers to install.

Can you write this in your tuto's if it's not done, thanks you :-)