LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v337.88 Windows 8 64bit | NVIDIA Mobile OEM

mobilenvidia

Ok, guys, making progress.

Turning off driver signature enforcement is a per boot process.  You reboot, and enforcement is turned back on unless you go through the process again.  With that said, I have 337.88 installed.  I only used the .inf from this site.

After the install finished, I fired up Firefox and immediately got a purple screen - video_tdr_error.  Rebooted, and so far, ok.  But I'm only 5 minutes in.

AAAAAAND as soon as I clicked post - it posted and failed again (writing from my workstation now).  This time video_tdr_failure.

Should I backup a version or three?  Maybe to 337.50?

Edited by tom28

337.50 is a no go.  :(  Uninstalled 337.88 and got 337.50 installed just fine.  But it is crashing like crazy.

This is a clean install.  I just dropped Windows 8.1 on this brand new SSD on Sunday night (like 4 days ago).

I'll check out your tutorial and see what happens.

Yes.  I've tried 4 other versions and it won't stay up more than a few minutes.

I think I'm going to have to revert back to Windows 7 and the 175ish version of the driver.  I don't have time for this.  I need my laptop up and stable.

That's the problem with old hardware - driver "upgrades" may turn to downgrades. And Sony support isn't among the best at all.

Sony sucks for sure.  But I do love my 18.4" display!

I don't think NVidia is blameless in this debicale either.  They should have told Sony that they had to at least make the system work with reference drivers....

Guest Guest

tom28 try to disable powermizer after you install new nvidia driver. Some laptops have problems with new drivers and powermizer enabled ( bsod, random black screen). After you upgrade your nvidia driver DONT restart your laptop. Go to windows registry and find key "PerfLevelSrc" modify it from "3333" to "2222". That should help.

tom28 try to disable powermizer after you install new nvidia driver. Some laptops have problems with new drivers and powermizer enabled ( bsod, random black screen). After you upgrade your nvidia driver DONT restart your laptop. Go to windows registry and find key "PerfLevelSrc" modify it from "3333" to "2222". That should help.

I think you're on to something here.  I reset it.  It seems to be stable now.  I've had it running for about 20 minutes.

Baby steps from just browsing - steppng up to Plex (not good) back down to just some flash streaming off of YouTube and the machine hasn't crashed.

Plex was very, very unhappy though.  I'm on the 335.23 driver.  Think I should try coming back to 337.88 with this same registry option?  Should I uninstall 335.23 first?

Guest Guest

First uninstall your old driver. Use program "Display Driver Uninstaller". You can find it here: 

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/display-driver-uninstaller-ddu-v12-9-3-2-released-06-05-14-/

after that install new driver and do exact thing with registry. It will work on all new nvidia drivers. I heard that 337.88 is not perfectly stable on some cards. I use driver 337.90 and before that I used 337.82. Good luck :cool3:

Apparently the 337.90 driver won't support my adapter....

Guest Guest

it will work but you have to modify inf file in nvidia driver folder. Your drivers should be unpacked in c:\nvidia\

use this inf file:

http://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/335series/33790_win8x64/nvic.inf

copy and then replace the old one that you will find in c:\nvidia folder

I also deleted icafe folder.

after that simply run setup directly from c:\nvidia\

should be ok

if not try 337.88, modify registry and maybe they will work fine in your laptop.

We're in business with 337.88!!  At least for the last 15 minutes.  Plex is better, too!  You guys rock!

• 2 weeks later...

I been trying to install this for ages now. I got one of the Asus net tops with an 820m in it, I made my own nvami.inf and it would install but it would also install if I just used the modded .inf from the original post. The problem I have is that once installed and I restart I get a black screen, sometimes the mouses flashes on the screen but that's about it, I don't get a picture. I don't have any idea what to do, feels like I tried everything.

• 2 weeks later...

duel monitor sli isn't working ideas? driver installs just fine with modified inf. gtx260m. it is saying that both monitors are not connected to the same gpu which they are. any ideas? it even shows that they are. 

Edited by gladzilla

• 1 month later...

Hi there, Would it be possible for you guys to create a modified installation inf of the 337.88 Quadro New Features driver for Geforce Cards?
I specifically have 1 x GTX780 and 2 x GTX460SE cards in my system.
The 460SE cards are there for extra CUDA and OpenCL/ based rendering in my 3D projects and are not used in SLI at all.

I am coming from a 3D content creation platform and not gaming.
3DsMax, Maya, CINEMA 4D, MODO, Lightwave, Etc...

• 3 months later...

3 pages and not a single report on the performance of the driver at all?  ...

I don't have any benchmarks, since I don't do that anymore, but I will let whoever's actually wondering about the performance of this driver...

It's the fastest and smoothest (least frame-buffer jitter) driver I've ever used on my GTX 460 (256-bit EVGA FTW version) for Direct3D games.  If you have an aging card in the GTX [nnn] series, you might try this driver.  The newer drivers are much larger with all of the GTX 9nn features being added, and it's really pretty close until the drivers aren't optimized at all anymore for my GTX 4nn series.