LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Microsoft Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 11099

StefanG3D

Welcome to 2016 and a new year full of new builds for Windows Insiders. Today we have a new PC build we’re releasing to Insiders in the Fast ring: Build 11099.

As with the previous build, this build does not include big noticeable changes or new features yet. Our focus through the holidays was on structural improvements to OneCore, which is the shared core of Windows across devices. The code refactoring and other engineering work we’ve been doing to optimize OneCore is nearing the point where we will be ready for teams to begin checking in new features and improvements. It will still be a few builds before any really noticeable changes show up, depending on when teams begin lighting up new features in their areas. We’re excited for Insiders to use this build to validate the work we’ve been doing to OneCore, so give this build a try and let us know of any issues you run into via the Windows Feedback app.

As I explained in the prior post, we are making some changes to how we release builds to the Fast ring starting in 2016. The criteria we use to release builds to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring will be much closer to our criteria for flighting to our internal rings. This will allow more builds to reach Windows Insider. This also means that the builds we release to the Fast ring may include more bugs and other issues that could be slightly more painful for some people to live with. If you’d rather stick with less frequent but more stable builds, you can switch to the Slow ring by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced options and under “Get Insider Preview builds” moving the slider to the Slow ring.

As a reminder, we will be publishing known issues for builds we release in the Insider Hub rather than in our blog posts here. You can find the known issues for this build here.

I do want to note something that we fixed in this build which was a known issue in the last build: the progress dialog when copying or deleting files via File Explorer now shows up as expected.

post-45257-0-42975000-1452721427_thumb.p

My games are really sluggish after installing this Win 10 update.

According to Event Viewer, I'm getting multiple errors related to a Microsoft.WindowsPhone companion app.

I don't even have a Windows phone, so no idea what's going on with that.......... yet.  :-)

Today new Win 10 Insider Preview version 11099 was released, and came in for me by Windows Update.

I had driver 361.60 installed yesterday.

The new Win 10 version 11099 retained that driver for me.

I went into Call of Duty Black Ops 3 multiple times to play a match, but it was super bogged down and sluggish.

Black Ops 3 had some updates come in today as well, so I wasn't sure what was causing the problem.

I tried reinstalling driver 361.60 over itself, but that didn't solve the issue.

Then I uninstalled GeForce Experience, went into Black Ops 3 again, and the issue was resolved.

According to Event Viewer, I'm getting multiple errors related to a Microsoft.WindowsPhone companion app.

I don't even have a Windows phone, so no idea what's going on with that.......... yet.  :-)

The companion app can be uninstalled, the telephone app not.

Probably to make your government happy (amber alert, presidential alert).

Also the MS weather app can't be removed, must be very important  for some reason :P