LaptopVideo2Go Forums

5x.xx Drivers - problem turning off I8500 LCD

Guest xeonburn

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Video\{2FAEC12C-6454-4284-AFB6-ED523AD44C4C}\0000\\LidBehavior

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Video\{2FAEC12C-6454-4284-AFB6-ED523AD44C4C}\0001\\LidBehavior

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Video\{E7A1999B-59CC-417B-B8B9-C458F808CBE4}\0000\\LidBehavior

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Video\{E7A1999B-59CC-417B-B8B9-C458F808CBE4}\0001\\LidBehavior

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Video\{2FAEC12C-6454-4284-AFB6-ED523AD44C4C}\0000\\LidBehavior

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Video\{2FAEC12C-6454-4284-AFB6-ED523AD44C4C}\0001\\LidBehavior

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Video\{E7A1999B-59CC-417B-B8B9-C458F808CBE4}\0000\\LidBehavior

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Video\{E7A1999B-59CC-417B-B8B9-C458F808CBE4}\0001\\LidBehavior

No need to pay for attention to these entries. Just copies of working configs for XP internal needs

HKLM\S\CCS\{2FAEC12C-6454-4284-AFB6-ED523AD44C4C}

HKLM\S\CCS\{E7A1999B-59CC-417B-B8B9-C458F808CBE4}

You have to find out which one XP currently uses. I forgot what the name of the key is, where you can find the currently active card.

The 0000\LidBehaviour and 0001\Lid.. refers to 2 different driver versions (or cards?) which have been installed by you.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobilenvidia

• ®®®

• ThE NiTz

Guest GoldServe

I don't get what you mean close normally or blank off? When i close the lid, the lcd shuts off after 5 seconds. When i turn the screen back on, it takes a few seconds or so to come back on.

Guest big_gie

What is wrong with newer drivers with 4200Go (Dell) is that when you want to shutdown the display (turn it off), when X minutes has passed to save your display, or when you close the display, it doesnt turn off itself. It just put a "black screen".

Do the test, close all the lights where you are, and push the litle button on the laptop near the display base (the one that tells the computer that the display is close) and it should shutdown the display. If you can see a glowing from the display, even if it is black, then the display isnt shutdown; it just blank.

Another way to try is with wizmo from gibson research (http://www.grc.com/wizmo/wizmo.htm) with the command line parameter "quiet monoff".

Check this and post back...

hey before i reformatted my laptop and crap i first installed dells drivers and then used the modded drivers and i had no problem with standby but the lcd had a little delay on it unlike now where standby doesnt work but the lcd is up within 1ms

Guest Nerdtalker
56.72 already and still no solution.

Is it Nvidia drivers problem or Dell's hardware or may be BIOS. Who should we blame, ask for resolution?

It's probably not the BIOS or Dell drivers because the 4x.xx's worked fine.

Guest Andrew WOT
Easy, if it ain't broke..don't fix it. I use 4x series drivers and not the 5 ones. I don't game much so a few frames won't help me.

If all people were like you we would still live in the Stone Age.

J/K.

Anyway, what is the solution for crazy us, who dared to use Forceware with GeForce 4200. BTW does it happen only with Dell version of GPU?

Another idea:

There is a wide range of XP and 2000 updates from MS out there. Has everybody applied/installed them ( WU )?? Also there is an even wider range of unofficial updates out there, which have newer version numbers of important files than the ones on WU and you have to contact MS or find Windows Newspages (neowin, warp2search etc.) to get them. So go for a hunt and report back.

Edited by dontknow

Guest Nerdtalker
Another idea:

There is a wide range of XP and 2000 updates from MS out there. Has everybody applied/installed them ( WU )?? Also there is an even wider range of unofficial updates out there, which have newer version numbers of important files than the ones on WU and you have to contact MS or find Windows Newspages (neowin, warp2search etc.) to get them. So go for a hunt and report back.

I have applied all WindowsXP official updates and still have this problem.