LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 372.70 Desktop and Mobile OEM

mobilenvidia

NVidia driver 372.70 now out at NVidia downloads.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Provides the optimal experience for World of Warcraft: Legion, Battlefield 1: Open Beta, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, and Quantum Break on STEAM.

Driver release notes: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/372.70/372.70-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

Driver 372.70 is r372_69-2, dated 8/25/2016
Driver 372.54 is r372_53-2, dated 8/11/2016
Driver 369.09 is r369_04-3, dated 8/01/2016
Driver 369.05 is r368_81-9, dated 7/27/2016
Driver 369.00 is r368_92-2, dated 7/23/2016
Driver 368.95 is r368_81-5, dated 7/20/2016
Driver 368.86 is r368_81-3, dated 7/12/2016

New Features
 Enabled Fast Sync for Maxwell GPUs and the Extended, Clone, and Surround multimonitor
configurations.

Software Module Versions
• NView - 148.03
• HD Audio Driver - 1.3.34.15
• NVIDIA PhysX System Software - 9.16.0318
• GeForce Experience - 2.11.4.0
• CUDA - 8.0 

Gaming Technology
Supports the new GeForce GTX 10-series GPUs powering the ultimate gaming notebooks

New Features
 Support for updated BatteryBoost technology.
 Enabled mclk switches on 144 Hz G-SYNC monitors in multi-monitor use cases in
order to lower power consumption.
 Support OpenGL VR SDK 1.4 (Windows).
 Added a Windows cross-API interop between Vulkan and DirectX 11. This enables
Vulkan app compatibility with existing DirectX 11-based HMD runtimes.
 Added driver support for DXGI 2 VR.

Application SLI Profiles
Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - added DirectX 11 SLI profile
• No Man’s Sky - added (Beta) SLI profile
• Space Engineers - added DirectX 11 SLI profile

372.54_win10x64 Modded INF

Modded INF for Win10 x64 bit

• 2 weeks later...

I have downloaded this driver  and overwritten nv_dispi.inf   in the Display.Driver  folder

i am in driversigning mode turned off  Win10 64        10.0  build 10240

the installer says: not compatible with this version of windows

i have checked that this line is included:

NVIDIA_DEV.11E0 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M"

these are my hardware id's from devicemanager
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&SUBSYS_11E010DE&REV_A1
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&SUBSYS_11E010DE

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&CC_030000
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&CC_0300

device instance path:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_11E0&SUBSYS_11E010DE&REV_A1\4&35245E04&0&0008
can someone help me please?

Just to let you know Mobilenvidia, this driver with the 'new' inf installed fine on my laptop.  Just providing feedback as I know you needed to make recent changes to the inf in order to allow for sucessful install of the last couple of drivers.

3 hours ago, Robbo the Second said:

Just to let you know Mobilenvidia, this driver with the 'new' inf installed fine on my laptop.  Just providing feedback as I know you needed to make recent changes to the inf in order to allow for sucessful install of the last couple of drivers.

Cheers for that, if I don't get feedback from either working or not then hard to tell.
Only have my machine to make INFs from

1 hour ago, mobilenvidia said:

Cheers for that, if I don't get feedback from either working or not then hard to tell.
Only have my machine to make INFs from

Can you help me please,  what am i doing wrong?

have downloaded this driver  and overwritten nv_dispi.inf   in the Display.Driver  folder

device instance path:

3 hours ago, Knallebal said:

Can you help me please,  what am i doing wrong?

have downloaded this driver  and overwritten nv_dispi.inf   in the Display.Driver  folder

device instance path:

It sounds like it should be working for you, did you make sure you downloaded the Win10 64 bit version of the actual driver (rather than 32bit) - so as to combine the inf with the correct driver?

22 minutes ago, Robbo the Second said:

It sounds like it should be working for you, did you make sure you downloaded the Win10 64 bit version of the actual driver (rather than 32bit) - so as to combine the inf with the correct driver?

yes i did.  2 years ago i had to flash the video-bios with some custom version  in order to the modded driver to detect the gtx 770m card.  do i have to flash the video-bois with a newer version perhaps?

Edited by Knallebal

4 hours ago, Knallebal said:

yes i did.  2 years ago i had to flash the video-bios with some custom version  in order to the modded driver to detect the gtx 770m card.  do i have to flash the video-bois with a newer version perhaps?

I heard that some Clevo laptops that use Prema's (a famous user that mods BIOS & vBIOS for the community as well as some boutique companies), I heard that he had to create a new modified vBIOS to be compatible with the latest NVidia drivers, but I'm pretty sure this was with Maxwell GPUs, not your Kepler GPU.  Could be worth looking into (notebookreview forums).

I use a Kepler GPU with a modified vBIOS (from svl7 though), and don't have any issues with the latest drivers, had it installed since 2013.

Edited by Robbo the Second

Modded INF should work regardless of what happens to modded BIOS all that has to match is PCI_ID
Try an older driver 369.xx (not 369.15) these are pre Win10 Anniversary drivers where I had to split the INFs up

thanx for the tips guys.  i'm downloading 369.05  on my cellphone's wifi-hotspot.   it's taking 4 hours   that's the best i have atm ( i just moved in my new home)

i'll report back soon  thanx!

Edited by Knallebal

Knallebal, your issue can happen if you downloaded the English-only version of the driver.

Download the International version of the driver to use with the inf.

Pretty sure the 'file not found' error comes up if different language version driver to INF is chosen.
Saying that I will always base the modded INF on International version if available

'Not compatible with this version of widows is a different error
I've had a look but cannot see anything obvious, I'm on Anniversary edition and can't test at this point

On 14-9-2016 at 8:28 PM, mobilenvidia said:

Modded INF should work regardless of what happens to modded BIOS all that has to match is PCI_ID
Try an older driver 369.xx (not 369.15) these are pre Win10 Anniversary drivers where I had to split the INFs up

i downloaded  369.05 Nvidia Windows update  with this forum's corresponding modded INF,  but it's a CAB-file   i don't know how to inject the modded inf, and then even intall that cab-file.  is there some tutorial how to do that with a cab-file?

Edited by Knallebal

On 15-9-2016 at 1:07 AM, Infinity7 said:

Knallebal, your issue can happen if you downloaded the English-only version of the driver.

Download the International version of the driver to use with the inf.

thanx,    i re-downloaded  372.70  driver.  i did check it was not the 'englisch only'  driver.

i downloaded the driver (4 hours over a cell-phone's wifi hotspot)    when it was finally downloaded,  it turned out to be  the international driver  already.  the exact filename  and the exact filesize.

Edited by Knallebal

On 15-9-2016 at 9:12 AM, mobilenvidia said:

Pretty sure the 'file not found' error comes up if different language version driver to INF is chosen.
Saying that I will always base the modded INF on International version if available

'Not compatible with this version of widows is a different error
I've had a look but cannot see anything obvious, I'm on Anniversary edition and can't test at this point

i'm not getting the 'file not found'   it's certainly 'not compatible with this version of windows'  

it came to mind that i'm not running the aniversary update yet.
i will try to update to aniversary  and then try installing the latest driver  with modded inf again. 

hey  just to let you know.  i also had a hard time getting Windows10 Enterprise updated to Anniversary.  downloaded server ISO versions of build 1607.

my version of W10 enterprise turned out to be English UK. so i had to download the English UK language version  ISO  1607.

that one did install correctly,  others reported back  incompatible.

when the upgrade to W10 anniversary was finnished, i restarted without driversinging enforced  and installed Nvidia driver 372.70  (with this site's modded INF).   all problems gone!  running all games like lightning.   thanx everyone for the help :59::banana_dance:

Edited by Knallebal

Hi there!

I'm new to the modded drivers thing and am experimenting with a laptop that I got recently. From what I've noticed, you can use the modded INF files to install drivers of your desire even if the video card is not compatible with the used platform.

My setup is a Dell Precision M6700 which originally came with Quadros and FirePro GPUs, but I've put a GTX 880m in it. The problem is that in BIOS it's stated that the video card is unknown and my Win10 x64 recognizes the card as Microsoft Display Adapter. I tried downloading the latest drivers and replacing INF files, yet had no luck so far. HWinfo and GPU-z show the card with it's proper name, but every time I try to install drivers I fail. Can you help me with this mod? Or is it impossible to even run a 880m in m6700?

1 hour ago, szumial said:

HWinfo and GPU-z show the card with it's proper name, but every time I try to install drivers I fail.

Did you disable driver signature and install via "have disk method"?

Thanks for the reply!

I have disabled it using CMD and running it as admin. Just typed in a proper command and reeboted the OS. I am getting two different messages while attempting to install nvidia drivers. One message states that it couldn't find proper hardware and the other says that it's all good, yet it's not going to let me go through because some files might have been corrupted or something like that. That's when I run a driver update via Device Manager. When replaced the INF file I was able to run driver setup, but all it could install was some audio component. I'm trying to get that done for the last 2 days and starting to think it won't ever be possible...

edit

I was successful yesterday with installing a modded desktop driver, but that is still far from perfect. Can't say if it works properly until I run a game and see if it's ok. Neverthless, I'd like to have the latest mobile drivers, yet they don't seem to cope with my setup. Any ideas?

Edited by szumial
made progress

22 hours ago, szumial said:

Thanks for the reply!

I have disabled it using CMD and running it as admin. Just typed in a proper command and reeboted the OS. I am getting two different messages while attempting to install nvidia drivers. One message states that it couldn't find proper hardware and the other says that it's all good, yet it's not going to let me go through because some files might have been corrupted or something like that. That's when I run a driver update via Device Manager. When replaced the INF file I was able to run driver setup, but all it could install was some audio component. I'm trying to get that done for the last 2 days and starting to think it won't ever be possible...

edit

I was successful yesterday with installing a modded desktop driver, but that is still far from perfect. Can't say if it works properly until I run a game and see if it's ok. Neverthless, I'd like to have the latest mobile drivers, yet they don't seem to cope with my setup. Any ideas?

are you on Windows 10  anniversary yet?  the driver would not install on W10 -pre anniversary builds  in my case     also do you run W10 Enterprise/ Home/Professional?
W10 Enterprise is harder to upgrade  due incompatible language versions    the installers are very picky

Edited by Knallebal

It's not the anniversary update version - shall I go for that before next trials? My version is Win10 Pro x64 in English and I'd like to stick to that - don't wanna go back to Win8.1 and even the seven (which was good, but looks outdated to my taste).

I had a chance to run Bioshock Infinite and it launched on built-in GPU :(

upgrading  to W10 anniversary   solved the problem in my case (i had the same symptons as you)

after upgrading to anniversary the modded inf  for 372.70 installed without any issues (with driversinging disabled ofcourse).  it seems to me that the modded inf is not suitable  for pre-W10 anniversary builds

it's your call

I'm gonna go for that and report back after the update. Another question however is: do you have a laptop + GPU that were intended to be put together or is it an upgrade? In my case it's an upgraded Precision which originally had Quadros in it. I think I might need to experiment with INF modding some more - from what I read, I need to alter the code so that the driver thinks my M6700 was designed to have a GTX880m inside (which I can deduce from HWID). Am I right?

My Asus G73SW  came with an Nvidia GTX460m.    i got a GTX770m from someone on ebay.  i had to flash de video-bios, flash the main bios,   use a heatsink from some complete other brand/type laptop and even cut off some parts of the heatsink in order to make it fit in my G73SW.  so no, the 770m was certainly not intended to put in a G73SW, but i got it working.     2 years ago  i had to modify the inf file to add a hardware-id key  suitable for nvidia gtx 770m.    but now    the guys from laptopvideo2go.com  already did that.  no need to modify inf file.  just grab the inf  from this site  and install it with driversingingenforcement turned off.

4 minutes ago, Knallebal said:

My Asus G73SW  came with an Nvidia GTX460m.    i got a GTX770m from someone on ebay.  i had to flash de video-bios, flash the main bios,   use a heatsink from some complete other brand/type laptop and even cut off some parts of the heatsink in order to make it fit in my G73SW.  so no, the 770m was certainly not intended to put in a G73SW, but i got it working.     2 years ago  i had to modify the inf file to add a hardware-id key  suitable for nvidia gtx 770m.    but now    the guys from laptopvideo2go.com  already did that.  no need to modify inf file.  just grab the inf  from this site  and install it with driversingingenforcement turned off.

I have already flashed a vBIOS that I found thanks to GPU-Z on their website. I chose one that was intended for Dell. I assume that my GPU comes from an Alienware. Interestingly it fits the Precision perfectly - the heatsink seems to be ideal for that, even the thermopads were already installed in the right places. Do you think that I'm gonna need a BIOS reflash? Why did you decide to flash the G73SW BIOS?