Windows 10

64-bit version

32-bit version

Windows 8.1/Windows 7:

64-bit version

32-bit version

• 3 weeks later...

modded info for windows 7? Got it?

Hi! Could You answer Why nvidia drivers don't work with my gtx880m(engineering sample with 8gb) correctly, since 368 till up-to-date version? Latest versions with 'inf' correction install, as usually, with no problem as 368. But the fact is that 880m is not used herewith drivers at all. Insted of  this, system uses integrated 4600 videocard.  In addition, I have a clevo p150sm, i7, win 10 Pro.

So does the modded INF work for you.
NV drivers will never work for you with Engineering sample that has a Vendor_ID not in any OEM iNF

Excuse me, what does it mean? Is it possible that my VC will be working with any driver at all? I mean I tried all versions since 368 but none of them worked correctly that I downloaded from this site(games dont want to use 880m). Excuse me one more time, I am not good in such stuff

Edited by ieaglei

Do the drivers install with INF ?

Or do games just not work, because you have an unrecognised GPU ?

Sure, I changed inf in it then installed this driver. And games just dont work with 880m(noticed by low fps), though 880 is identified in nvidia panel. Games show good performance with early drivers that go before 370v

Edited by ieaglei

I wonder if NV has started checking for Engineering samples and throttles them down ?
If so there is probably nothing we can do

No any throttling, because 880m doesnt even work with latest drivers(in games work only integrated vc). I can show it by example of launcher. Tomb raider doesnt even see 880m but 4600Снимок_экрана_(3)[1].jpg

On 30.11.2016 at 7:16 PM, StefanG3D said:

Can you post screenshots from GPU-Z and GPUCapsViewer?

From both in Intel and NVIDIA mode.

Hopefully they expose some issues.

snimok-ehkrana-4.jpgsnimok-ehkrana-5.jpg

that's enough?

Edited by ieaglei

I see Vulkan support is missing on your rig, Kepler is compatible.

I think the installation doesn't complete correctly for some reason.

Try this guide:

How to enable NVIDIA Graphics Driver and GeForce Experience installer logging

Missing Vulkan is not crucial, but look out for sth. like "Optimus installation failed"

Edited by StefanG3D

Hi, I was browsing this thread and wondered if the problem may be with the laptop recognizing the 880m in it's optimus code (EC)? I have seen this on AW machines and even after driver mod and all looks OK, it refuses to use the dGPU.

Fix on those is to change the boot display device to PEG. The machine will now boot on the NV card and no longer use the Intel. It does use more battery though...

Good luck.

having a chat in live assistance of nv support( Sanjib: I am sorry, it seems to be a BIOS issue. I will recommend you to contact your laptop manufacturer and check with them for the updated BIOS)

I dont even know what to do exactly, because Im not so long in that kind of deal

Edited by ieaglei

The Clevo P150SM should support the GTX 880M, you can buy them configured like it

Is it your Engineering sample causing the issue, never played with a GeForce Sample, plenty if Intel CPUs

I had better reinstall last working 368v of NV, at least it does work with my 880m. I dont want to have any problems after installing BIOS settings or something like that, even if it helps...Nevertheless, thank for help.

Edited by ieaglei