LaptopVideo2Go Forums

ASUS ROG G75VW-TS71: Connecting To Wifi At Only 72.2Mbps, Anyway To Make It Connect At A Higher Speed..?!

mlauzon

I bought a used ASUS ROG G75VW-TS71 2 years ago...someone had stupidly put Win8 on it before I bought it, so I reinstalled Windows 7 -- I own Ultimate -- x64 to it. All drivers are up to date as of this posting. However, I only seem to be able to connect to Wifi at 72.2Mbps. Is there anyway to fix this so that I can connect at a faster speed, or am I stuck to the aforementioned speed?

At https://www.asus.com/us/ROG-Republic-Of-Gamers/ROG-G75VW/HelpDesk_Download/ there are 2 different wireless adapters mentioned?

In device manager check properties/enhanced for sth. like

preferred band = 5.2 GHz

channel width = 40 MHz

booster = activated

You can see in the image the only options that I have, I used the modded driver that was found on here, it only opened up a few extra things, but as you can see, there's nothing like you mentioned at all, not even as the original unmodded driver.

snipaste_Monday_March_20_2017_1717480000_Mountain Daylight Time.png

I have only a rig with Intel adapter handy atm.

Check your router for the aforementioned settings

My router shows me even 80 MHz channel width

stefan199-20170321.png

I am using Wifi at the library,  I don't have an Internet connection at home, so no router that I can access.

• 1 year later...

Few months ago i also bought ASUS ROG G75VW-TS71 router but it was not working correctly then i visit on google & start searching the best solution to get resolve it where i found Connection Failed With Error 651 blog, this blog really helps me a lot to overcome my problem.