LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA driver 382.23 for GeForce GT 1030

StefanG3D

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Gaming Technology
Adds support for the new GeForce GT 1030 GPU

Official 382.23 GeForce GT 1030 WHQL Display Driver Feedback Thread (Released 5/16/17)

DriverVer   = 05/11/2017, 22.21.13.8223
NVIDIA_DEV.1D01 = "NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030"

branch: r381_99-5

I was able to install it for my GTX 1080. Now checking it out.

In order for me to install this 382.23 driver for use with my GTX 1080 on the latest Win 10 Insider build, I had to not only modify the nv_disp.inf file using the standard methods we've all used in the past, but I also had to modify and insert 2 files from driver 382.19. The modified inf and the 2 modified files from the other driver are in this zip package, and need to be in the 382.23 driver's Display.Driver folder. One of them needs to overwrite the file of the same name which is already in that folder.

Zip Package (for use with desktop cards on Win 10 64-bit): http://www.mediafire.com/file/1iy7ha564fd2e96/addfilestodriver382.23.zip

Win 10 would not let me restart the PC in Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode, but turns out I didn't have to anyway.

I installed using the Device Manager update driver/Have Disk method, and chose the nv_desktop_ref4i.inf file.

I wish they would not make this all so hard for us.............

Heaven Benchmark 4.0 DirectX 11 tests gave a nice score.

Standard Disclaimer (to be politically correct): NVidia does not formally support anyone who installs and uses modded drivers.

Here's a screenshot of what I got after installing the driver: http://www.mediafire.com/view/zr46p2f87dra613/screenshot_driver382.23.JPG

EDIT: This post has been edited. The Zip Package now includes 3 files, one of which is the modded 382.23 inf.

This driver also works really well with Call of Duty Infinite Warfare.

This driver worked out so well last night that I hate to go trying out the other ones in the news, but I probably will anyway just for the heck of it.

Driver 382.23 is r381_99-5, dated 5/11/2017
Driver 382.19 is r381_99-4, dated 5/10/2017
Driver 382.16 is r381_00-159, dated 5/09/2017
Driver 382.13 is r381_00-154, dated 5/04/2017
Driver 382.05 is r381_99-3, dated 5/01/2017

I had not realized that the inf given in the inf section of this site was working also. I just tried it that way and it works fine. It's the easier way to do it.

Here is a whole driver package for Win 10 64-bit desktop cards, with the modified inf already in place:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4z6ctp9acn9aq2t/NVIDIA38223.zip

No special installation instructions, except you may have to boot up in Disable Driver Signature Enforcement mode, and press 7 during the time that option is supposed to show while booting up.

Standard disclaimer (to be politically correct): Use at your own risk. NVidia does not formally support drivers that have modified inf files.

On 5/20/2017 at 0:02 PM, Infinity7 said:

I had not realized that the inf given in the inf section of this site was working also. I just tried it that way and it works fine. It's the easier way to do it.

Well that is just dandy, 14 years of INFs and you just realised they work ;)

On 5/20/2017 at 5:27 PM, mobilenvidia said:

Well that is just dandy, 14 years of INFs and you just realised they work ;)

They've gotten trickier in the past year. A lot of times I mod an inf the way I always used to, and it doesn't work anymore. I'll get some error that the hash number isn't mentioned in the cat file, or something like that.

Just this afternoon I tested installing it again, and it first it wouldn't let me. Then I tried to boot up in disable driver signature enforcement mode, and it would not show me the boot option screen where I usually press 7, so I just pressed 7 at that point anyway, and then I was able to install the driver ok.