LaptopVideo2Go Forums

NVIDIA VULKAN BETA DRIVERS 382.58 FOR WINDOWS AND 381.26.03 FOR LINUX

Infinity7

NVidia Vulkan beta drivers 382.58 for Windows and 381.26.03 for Linux are out at the NVidia Vulkan developer page here: https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

• New extensions:
  • Updated VulkanRT loader to 1.0.49.0
  • Various performance improvements

Driver 382.58 is VK381_66-17, dated 6/08/2017
Driver 382.53 is r382_48-3, dated 6/07/2017
Driver 382.36 is r381_00-177, dated 5/19/2017

I tried these drivers since I was still playing Doom using Vulkan, caused issues. Booted into a black screen a couple times and were causing games to CTD. I ended up having to clean install the latest official ones to fix it.

Working fine for me

Hello. I got better Opengl/Physx performance with these but Directx went down. Can I just drag and drop directx api files from old to new driver if so what files are they?

13 hours ago, tone321 said:

Hello. I got better Opengl/Physx performance with these but Directx went down. Can I just drag and drop directx api files from old to new driver if so what files are they?

Nope,

NVIDIA kernel mode layer checks for matching version numbers of runtimes (as opposed to AMD Crimson)

I suspect these new vulkan drivers will probably exist in the next official release, I'll hold out for that.

so nu way around it not even modding sys?

3 hours ago, tone321 said:

so nu way around it not even modding sys?

If you are experienced in machine code/assembler language then debugging and modifying nvlddmkm.sys would be the way to go.

...... or...... install driver 382.53, then after that install the latest Vulkan version.

I've done something like that before, with an earlier driver.

I think I'm slightly preferring driver 382.53 right now.

EDIT: I just did that again. Installed 382.53, then followed that up by running the Vulkan installer that is the Display.Driver folder of driver 382.58. Then I went into Add/Remove Programs and uninstalled the older Vulkan. I think driver 382.53 will use the new Vulkan when done that way.

GeForce Experience Version 3.7.0.81 teases new drivers (probably with all new features unified)

Added Whisper Mode support for GeForce GTX 10 series Laptops (requires upcoming GeForce Driver to enable).