LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 384.80 Mobile OEM

mobilenvidia

Driver 384.80 is available from this NVidia customer service page: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4522
This GeForce Hot Fix driver version 384.80 addresses the Watch Dogs 2 crash on startup issue.

Driver 384.80 is r384_71-4, dated 07/02/2017
Driver 382.71 is VK381_66-22, dated 06/30/2017
Driver 384.76 is r384_71-3, dated 06/27/2017
Driver 382.53 is r382_48-3, dated 6/07/2017

• 1 month later...

I get a 'System cannot find the file specified' error when attempting to use this inf to install a 870m.

Seeing as I'm not the only one to experience this error with this inf, is there something wrong with the inf provided or am I missing something here:

Edited by Lament

31 minutes ago, Lament said:

I get a 'System cannot find the file specified' error when attempting to use this inf to install a 870m.

Seeing as I'm not the only one to experience this error with this inf, is there something wrong with the inf provided or am I missing something here:

Check if the issue persists in latest driver

Just now, StefanG3D said:

Check if the issue persists in latest driver

Same issue persists, tried the 385.28 with this driver (the 385.28 driver for mobile).

Copy + paste into 'C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\385.28\Win10_64\International\Display.Driver' and launch in testsigning/disable signed driver enforcement mode(s), right?

Edited by Lament

1 minute ago, Lament said:

Same issue persists, tried the 385.28 with this driver (the 385.28 driver for mobile).

Copy + paste into 'C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\385.28\Win10_64\International\Display.Driver' and launch in testsigning/disable signed driver enforcement mode(s), right?

Correct.

One tidbit: make sure that Windows didn't secretly rename nv_dispi.inf to nv_dispi.inf.txt

Otherwise enable installer logging in the NVIDIA Geforce display driver

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3171/

Just now, StefanG3D said:

Correct.

One tidbit: make sure that Windows didn't secretly rename nv_dispi.inf to nv_dispi.inf.txt

Otherwise enable installer logging in the NVIDIA Geforce display driver

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3171/

Yeah, it's definitely the right file extension.

The Nvidia installer fails and I get the 'System cannot find the file specified'  error when attempting installation via Device Manager.

Looks like 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager\Nvd3d9wrap.dll' is either missing or something else is happening that's causing this:

sto:      {Stage Driver Package: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\{d9b213fc-e022-1b43-aa91-7a4d602fb35c}\nv_dispi.inf} 22:44:09.472
!!!  sto:           Driver package references a missing external file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\coprocmanager\Nvd3d9wrap.dll'. Error = 0x00000002
!!!  sto:           Failed to retrieve driver package copy files. Error = 0x00000002
!!!  sto:           Failed to get driver package copy files. Error = 0x00000002, Filename = C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\{d9b213fc-e022-1b43-aa91-7a4d602fb35c}\nv_dispi.inf
!!!  sto:           Failed to import driver package into Driver Store. Error = 0x00000002
     sto:      {Stage Driver Package: exit(0x00000002)} 22:44:09.500

I've attached the log files.

Logs.zip

Edited by Lament

Which driver version you using (International or English)

INFs are based on international where ever possible, if you grab US/English only you'll get that error

Just now, mobilenvidia said:

Which driver version you using (International or English)

INFs are based on international where ever possible, if you grab US/English only you'll get that error

International.

I test INFs before testing, another reason why I only mod Win 10 only

Bit of a mystery why you are getting that error

6 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

Ran 'sfc /scannow' and when it completed it told me that 'unable to complete required actions' so it looks like my Windows install has issues. 

Will reinstall and post back here when I've tried the driver with the modified inf again. 

13 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

Reinstalled, still getting the error.

Give 385.28 ago, much more likely to help diagnose driver I'm using

I have the same error, the last driver i can install is the 382.53 from June 9. I thought I could use a vBIOS update from Prema but his site is unreachable for an unspecified time.

Well for now (since i try a clean install of newest driver) games won't use anyhing but the integrated graphic despite Nvidia config is set to use the right card.

So is the vBIOS causing this issue, as i said I test drivers before posting

Only thing I can't test is pre Win10 anniversary edition

Well, until I can ask to Prema if he got an update to the vBIOS I can't be sure, but it's the only thing I didn't try I can think about

Yeah, it's really annoying that Prema has locked access to their website (apparently it's because there was a legal issue and he needs to remove something from every one of his BIOSes/vBIOSes), he also isn't replying to any messages about providing the appropiate files privately (because there shouldn't be any issue then).

Have started brand new thread in the help/support section for my issue, @Tammadram you may want to contribute too.

Edited by Lament