LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 390.65 Mobile OEM

mobilenvidia

NVidia driver 390.65: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us
Release notes: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/390.65/390.65-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

• Game Ready: Provides the optimal gaming experience for Fortnite, including support for ShadowPlay Highlights in Battle Royale mode.
  • Gaming Technology: Adds support for NVIDIA Freestyle which lets you apply post-processing filters to your games while you play.

More info about those two things here: https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/fortnite-shadowplay-highlights-game-ready-driver

Fixed Issues in this Release
 [GeForce GTX 970][Batman Arkham Knight]: Surfaces are rendered incorrectly.
 [GeForce GTX 1080 Ti][TITAN X][TITAN Xp][Gamestream]: Artifacts appear when
using Gamestream.
 [Notebook][Fermi GPUs][3D Vision]: Error message pointing to the Stereo driver
appears when enabling stereoscopic 3D.

Windows 10 Open Issues
 [SLI][Dirt 4]: There is corruption and flickering in the game with SLI enabled.
 [NVIDIA TITAN V][G-Sync]: G-Sync displays may go blank when switching between
different overclocked memory clocks multiple times.
 [SLI][GeForce GTX 780 Ti]: There is no display output when connecting the
DisplayPort and two DVI monitors.
 [GeForce TITAN (Kepler-based)]: The OS fails after installing the graphics card on a
Threadripper-enabled motherboard.
 [Pascal GPUs][Gears of War 4]: Blue-screen crash may occur while playing the game.
 [Kepler GPUs][StarWars Battlefront II]: The system hangs when launching the game in
DirectX 12 API mode.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShankDaShiv27

• mobilenvidia

• Benc122

• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks so much for keeping our laptops going with updated drivers.

I really appreciate it. :1_grinning:

Edited by Neo70
Spelling error

This INF doesn't work on my HP 8740w . I reinstalled 388.43 using the 381.65 modded inf. For some reason that has worked for newer drivers besides the 390 series. After the 384 branch i can't use any of the modified inf files because the setup fails. Any suggestions guys? After 3 hrs, 4 beers and 5 shots of Jim Beam Ghost. I'm lost, drunk and fubar lol

Do the update via Device Manager and what does it say as the error ?

FX 3800M? It's not supposed to work after 342 series.

Sorry forgot to mention I custom installed a GTX 870m. When I installed through device manager it somewhat worked. When I say somewhat I mean it installed the driver that's it nothing else. The was no control panel or anything.

I installed 388.43 with the 381.65 inf and it worked just fine.

Edited by ShankDaShiv27

Also tried the 381.65 inf on these drivers and it wouldn't install.

Im having the same issues as shank the have disk method worked but when I tried to use the nvidia setup I get the install driver anyway screen and after it just says cannot install driver like I've downloaded the inf that is in this post .i have a gtx 970m 

Edited by Benc122

Glad I'm not the only one. All of the new infs since the 382-384 hasn't worked on my machine. But when I use the 381.65 inf they All have worked up until the new 390 driver.... Hmmmm..

Oh forgot to mention to get the 381.65 inf to work with new drivers I just copy the date information at the top to the old inf and replace it in the installation folder. So something changed in the new inf so I can't install anything else besides the driver. 

Edited by ShankDaShiv27

I can only go up to 388.71 and the lasted inf won' work so I had to use the one from December 12th 

This is odd, I just tried INF again, using setup to install driver all is well
I've got a GTX 850M

The new INF does have new files that get installed, wonder if these are the issue
I'm running latest version of Win 10 Build 17074
Also why older INF install works as it won't copy the new files across

in 390.65 are:
nvdet.dll
nvdetx.dll
nv_vk64.json
nvoglv64.dll
nv_vk32.json
nvoglv32.dll

Possibly remove these one at a time from 'copyfiles' and reinstall to see which is the culprit

What is the error via Device Manager ?

Meh not gonna bother with it. Im at 388.43 and no complaints. Already had to do a complete fresh install of windows and reinstall all of my games and audio production software. If anyone figures it out let me know. As for device manager there was no error. It installed the inf fine but nothing else. No physx or control panel.

Edited by ShankDaShiv27

Probably Vulcan runcode not agreeing ?

Thats what im thinking too but i have no idea how to fix it im savvy but not that savvy lol. I know it has something to do with the inf script and installer.

I cannot install this version either, but I am able to install r388.31 using the modded inf for r388.31. When trying to install the 390.65 driver using Device Manager, It returns with code 43 error.

Edited by alienisme

You will probably have to update Windows to build 17xxx 

I'm still having the same issues I'll just wait until the next driver update come 

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:43 PM, mobilenvidia said:

You will probably have to update Windows to build 17xxx 

I'm using build 17074.1002, still having the problem.

Edited by alienisme

I'm baffled, just installed it on my new rig with GTX960M and it installed just fine

960m.JPG

Could it be as simple as an ownership issues on one or more of the setup files? Maybe there's a privilege issue on my end.