LaptopVideo2Go Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pseudodeed

IDT 92HD93 HD DELL M6700 MODING Driver help please

pseudodeed

I have an dell m6700 Laptop. I have start to analyse my driver problems in Windows 10 with my IDT 92HD93  sound driver.

I found an working driver but the configuration for the attached components to the machine, ie Speakers, Speaker/HP combined, lineout, linein, SPDIF, HDMI, MICs etc etc is not correct.

I dont know how i can Change this. Please can anybody help me?

My device ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76DF&SUBSYS_1028053F

Here is my original Driver download link: https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01806589M/1/3330_Audio_Driver_C6HVR_WN_1.0.6491.0_A08.EXE

Here this Driver that i will modding download link: http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/IDT/IDT-High-Definition-Audio-Driver-61065040-for-Windows-10-64-bit.shtml

I hav atteched the orginal ini V7P417_M6700.INI

and this file: (I will mod this ini) C-C3_MOD.INI

Please help.

C-C3_MOD.7z

V7P417.7z

OR

Can anyone add my hardware ID to a modded Driver please

MY Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76DF&SUBSYS_1028053F

Edited by pseudodeed

erp-ster7n

what version of Windows 10 are you using?

Dell has only tested the Precision m6700 on the v1507/RTM & v1511 (Threshold) releases of Win10 and was not tested for compatibility with the "Redstone" or anniversary v1607 update or greater release of Win10

the 6.10.6504.0 drivers from MS Update Catalog are either for Hewlett-Packard [HP] or Toshiba computers only (the 9.9Mb & 10.6Mb packages support certain Toshiba laptops while the 10.7Mb, 11.2Mb & 13.1Mb size packs support certain HP all-in-one desktops & laptops).  currently there are five downloads for 6504 to choose from; 4 of them are 64bit while the 9.9Mb pack is the only 32bit version

when it comes to modding INI files, your [HKR\Settings\pin] settings have to be the same as the original INI config file.  otherwise, using different or incorrect PIN settings from the HKR\Settings\pin section will cause your IDT audio device to malfunction or not work (or worse, crash the stwrt64.sys file onto a blue screen error during installation).  you also have to get rid of some OEM options that are not Dell related (for instance with 6504, remove any references or strings to HP in the INI files); you also need to copy your original [HKR\Settings] & [HKR\Settings\filter\] sections onto the new INI config file; it's trial and error when modding IDT audio drivers - it took me at least 30 tries to get the old Sigmatel/IDT STAC9200 audio chip on the old Dell Inspiron e1405 laptop to work with the 6504 drivers [well, it took Thomas Edison about 10,000 tries just to invent the light bulb].  remember to add your hardware ID onto the STWRT64.INF and STWRT64.INI files and in the STWRT64.INI file, your ID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_111D&DEV_76DF&SUBSYS_1028053F" should point to the INI file you want to use.

edit 1/26: choose another INI file to mod (or choose another 6504 package to mod) - C-C3.ini is too complex to mod and could end up not making your IDT 92HD93 audio chip on the Dell m6700 work