LaptopVideo2Go Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sennevds

idt 92hd73c1 Windows 10 control panel

Sennevds

I have an old laptop (dell studio 1555) which I use to watch Netflix.
i've updated(after replacing hdd with ssd) to Windows 10. The sound works fine except the configuration panel isn't there anymore.

I need the config panel because I have connected an old 5.1 surround with 3 3.5mm jacks.
Is there a way to get it back on windows 10?

Edit: no modded driver where the jack configuration works for windows 10???

Edited by Sennevds

Sennevds

No solution for this problem?

erp-ster7n

the dell studio 1555 is a mid-2009 model that had either pre-installed Vista or Win7; it's almost a decade old

running Win10 on that laptop is a big risk as Dell stopped providing new audio drivers for it in 2010 and IDT went out of the PC audio business at the end of 2013.

latest audio driver listed for studio 1555 is 6.10.0.6267 (must run ALL of the EXE setup files in Windows 7 Compatibility mode under Win10).

if that does not work, at least give me the hardware ID number of the IDT audio device on the Dell studio 1555 laptop and I could make a modded driver though there are no guarantees that a modded driver will work as good as the official non-modded drivers.

example > on my mother's Dell Inspiron 640m/e1405 laptop (a 2007 model - heh even a little older than yours but I'm using Win8.1 on it instead of Vista SP2 and I'm not putting any Win10 version on it), it uses a Sigmatel/IDT Stac9200 audio chip with hardware device ID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8384&DEV_7690&SUBSYS_102801D8"

my policy > no hardware ID mentioned here = no mod

edit 2/13: and another thing, what version of Windows 10 are you running and what edition is it?  Win10 Anniversary Update (v1607 build 14393)?  Win10 Creators Update (v1703 build 15063)?  Win10 Fall Creators Update (v1709 build 16299)