LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WINDOWS 10 INSIDER PREVIEW BUILD 17093

Infinity7

Win 10 Insider Preview build 17093 now released to Insiders on the Fast Ring.
Details: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/02/07/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17093-pc/

Game bar Improvements: We’ve given Game bar a makeover so it’s even easier to find what you’re looking for. Go to your captures, toggle your microphone and camera, and edit the title of your Mixer stream—all from new buttons on Game bar. Quickly check the time using the new clock. Choose a theme—Dark, Light, or your current Windows theme. Game bar settings are easier to use.

HDR Video on more Windows PCs: Many newer devices are capable of HDR video, but needed to be calibrated in the factory to enable HDR. Now, we are expanding HDR video access to more users via new functionality via Settings > Apps > Video playback. If the “Stream HDR video” toggle can be switched to “On”, your device can be calibrated for HDR video.

New Graphics settings for Multi-GPU Systems: In this build we’re introducing a new Graphics settings page for Multi-GPU systems that allows you to manage the graphics performance preference of your apps. You may be familiar with similar graphics control panels from AMD and Nvidia, and you can continue to use those control panels. When you set an application preference in the Windows Graphics settings, that will take precedence over the other control panel settings. Find the page by going to Settings > System > Display and scrolling down to the “Advanced graphics settings” link. (In future flights, you will see this link as “Graphics settings”.)

Windows Defender is now Windows Security in Settings: We have renamed the settings page under Settings > Update & Security from “Windows Defender” to “Windows Security. This settings page has also been redesigned – putting emphasis on the various protection areas to keep you safe and secure on your PC.

Streamlined Pairing and Connecting to Certain Bluetooth Devices: Starting with this build, Windows enables users to start pairing and connecting supported devices in a single click. When these devices are ready to pair and detected to be in range, Windows shows a notification to the user allowing them to quickly and conveniently start the pairing process. 

Install was smooth and painless here. So far, so good.

It was fine before, but now it won’t boot all the way up to Windows anymore.

Surely one of the fastest updates ever, took but minutes to install

4 hours ago, Infinity7 said:

It was fine before, but now it won’t boot all the way up to Windows anymore.

Check if a broken security update has been installed

https://security-center.intel.com/advisory.aspx?intelid=INTEL-SA-00088&languageid=en-fr

18 hours ago, StefanG3D said:

Well, I could not get into Windows at all, so couldn't check that.
Today I created a bootable USB drive using Rufus, with the Insider build 17025 on it, and reformatted.
After I updated to build 17093 I was able to play CoD WWII like before, but after shutting down, and later trying to boot up again, I could no longer boot into Windows.
Same problem as before. Now I'm back on build 17025 again, at least for awhile.

Some builds are just a nightmare for some and others have no issues, possibly an issue just related to your machine ?

I was amazed at the speed it upgraded, mere seconds to get to 30% rebooted twice more, and in less than 5min all over

6 minutes ago, mobilenvidia said:

Some builds are just a nightmare for some and others have no issues, possibly an issue just related to your machine ?

I was amazed at the speed it upgraded, mere seconds to get to 30% rebooted twice more, and in less than 5min all over

The build 17093 has starting installing itself again.
The problem might be related to playing CoD WWII, and then letting the PC fall asleep for awhile.
I got my reformat USB stick ready just in case.

It's getting complicated.
Now it's giving me build 17074.