LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Intel graphics driver 23.20.16.4944

StefanG3D

Intel graphics driver 23.20.16.4944

• Intel® Graphics Control Panel Now Configures Game Settings Automatically
  • Age of Empires*: Definitive Edition Launch Driver
  • Final Fantasy XII*: The Zodiac Age HD Launch Driver

Intel is introducing a new feature with the ability to automatically configure game settings for Intel Graphics on 6th Gen Processors or higher (including systems with 8th Gen Core Processors with Radeon RX Vega M Graphics). Look for the ‘Gaming icon’ in the Graphics Control Panel. This feature is still in beta so game availability and functionality is limited. Stay tuned for future improvements and more games coming soon!

Currently supported games: Battlefield 1*, Battlefield 4*, American Truck Simulator*, Call of Duty* WWII, Destiny* 2, DOTA* 2, Grand Theft Auto V*, League of Legends*, Overwatch*, World of Tanks*

Get ready to take back the world, the battle is building! Play as well as They Are Billions*, Lost Sphear*, OK KO: Let’s Play Heroes*, Subnautica*, Legrand Legacy*: Tale of the Fatebounds, and Dragon Ball* FighterZ on processors with Intel® HD Graphics 620 or better.

Enjoy Kingdom Come: Deliverance*, Street Fighter* V: Arcade Edition, Dynasty Warriors* 9, The Legend of Heroes*: Trails of Cold Steel II, Secret of Mana*, Metal Gear* Survive, Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet* on Intel® Iris® Pro Graphics.

Be sure to check out gameplay.intel.com, where you’ll find recommended game settings for many more of your favorite PC games.

This new driver also introduces many other improvements:

• Enhanced performance of graphics workloads for 6th Gen Core processors or higher with intelligent power management under maximum load.
  • Improved performance in video encoding for all codecs.
  • Display format optimizations on 7th Gen Core processors or higher.

Please read the ReleaseNotes for full details.

Hmmm, won't install for me, wonder if desktop CPU only
I'll attempt an INF mod

14 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

Hmmm, won't install for me, wonder if desktop CPU only
I'll attempt an INF mod

Check GPU accelerated OpenCL afterwards. Some users claim it's broken.

• 2 weeks later...

If you fix something wouldn't it normally then get a change in version number ?

7 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

If you fix something wouldn't it normally then get a change in version number ?

Found only this info:

Intel uses the following schema to define driver versions:

Driver Schema

Driver Baseline: Differentiates different generic driver packages and is often assigned based on the supported platform(s) and operating system(s).

Revision: Used internally during the driver development cycle.

Build number: Last four digits indicate the actual driver number.

source : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005654/graphics-drivers.html

I see newer major version is 15.65.4 vs old 15.65.3, still to me confusing and the actual version remains 4944
Just me getting older and more pedantic :)

It's the same driver with the missing OpenCL bugfix, same driver in a new package I would say. That's why the graphics build number didn't change, only the package number differs.