LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Intel Core i9 Processor Comes to Mobile

mobilenvidia

Today at a global event in Beijing, Intel unveiled the first ever Intel® Core™ i9 processor for laptops. Part of the new lineup of high-performance mobile products unveiled, the powerful 8th Gen Intel Core i9 processor is the highest-performance laptop processor Intel has ever built to deliver the best gaming and content creation experience on the go.

Read more here

Who wants a shiny new i9 ?

i9-8950HK would be nice with the next gen GPU - but at which price? I think the top line is going to be pretty pricey like mine was over an year ago - dropped 1000+ in an year....

A little detective work shows probably about 1k raise to the new model with same GFX...

The price one pays for the latest Tech, CPU will cost probably as much as a reasonable Notebook
https://ark.intel.com/products/134903/Intel-Core-i9-8950HK-Processor-12M-Cache-up-to-4_60-GHz
US$583 in volume, possibly not that bad, but all the other components needed to keep it cool etc will also add up.

iPhone X same thing it will sell to the hard core