LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 397.64 Mobile OEM

mobilenvidia

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases, including Virtual Reality games. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready
Provides the optimal gaming experience for Destiny 2: Warmind, Conan Exiles, and Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/397.64/397.64-win10-win8-win7-notebook-release-notes.pdf

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/397.64/397.64-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

Driver 397.64 is r397_05-25, dated 05/07/2018
Driver 397.55 is r397_05-20, dated 05/03/2018
Driver 397.31 is r397_05-13, dated 04/22/2018

Wanted to try these with the number of fixes. Might fix my issues but Nvidia now deletes the setup files after I cancel the installation so I can't put the modded inf in. Any ideas? 

Nvm got it. Just extracted with Winrar lol.

1 hour ago, shankdashiv said:

Nvm got it. Just extracted with Winrar lol.

Yeah, we should mention that along with the modified INF in future.

The package can also be extracted with 7-Zip

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2018 at 11:23 PM, mobilenvidia said:

Not working as the installation will fail during the graphics driver installation on Windows 10 April 2018 Update Home Edition x64 Build 1803 yet unmodded 391.24 and unmodded 391.35 installs fine. Have already tried Clean Install as well as removed all nvidia components in Apps & Features in Windows.  This is on a ASUS G74SX-3DE with a nVidia GTX 560M.

2018-05-20_8-35-36.jpg

1 hour ago, Almighty1 said:

This is on a ASUS G74SX-3DE with a nVidia GTX 560M. 

Unfortunately Fermi architecture is not supported in R396 anymore.

Try 391.58 instead

https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/32317-geforce-39158-quadro-tesla/

Vince, so good to hear from you, been a very long time
Alas as Stefan has mentioned 397 and above are for 600series only 😞
Best bet is 391 series

So how you been ?
Still in San Fran ?

2 hours ago, StefanG3D said:

Unfortunately Fermi architecture is not supported in R396 anymore.

Try 391.58 instead

https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/32317-geforce-39158-quadro-tesla/

I thought 391.35 was the last version to officially support Fermi except there were still bugs that are not fixed until R396, I'll give 391.58 a try some other time. 

1 hour ago, mobilenvidia said:

Vince, so good to hear from you, been a very long time
Alas as Stefan has mentioned 397 and above are for 600series only 😞
Best bet is 391 series

So how you been ?
Still in San Fran ?

Hey Pieter, nice to hear from you even though I think we talked to each other on Facebook before...  Yeah, I read that 397 doesn't support Fermi from the release notes but somehow I thought you did your magic to add support for things that were not officially supported anymore, except I guess before, the architecture was supported but just not in the inf file.  Been pretty busy and still in San Francisco even though I was in Australia (Sydney, Canberra and Melbourne) for 3 weeks in late 2011.  How are things in New Zealand?

NV are locking up these drivers pretty tight, no amount of modding will allow Fermi to work on 397

NZ is good, busy at work, busy at home, kids are growing up fast.
You need to visit NZ much better than Aussie 🙂

9 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

NV are locking up these drivers pretty tight, no amount of modding will allow Fermi to work on 397

I guess it was wishful thinking as I thought as long as the installer started installing, it was all good.  Guess not! 

Isn't NZ and Aussie somehow tied together?  Those are the only two places I have seen where the senior discount for transit is tied not only to age but also requires one to be a citizen/resident of the respective countries!

10 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

I guess it was wishful thinking as I thought as long as the installer started installing, it was all good.  Guess not!   Just gave 391.58 with the modded inf a try and it failed with the exact same issue as 397.64.

Isn't NZ and Aussie somehow tied together?  Those are the only two places I have seen where the senior discount for transit is tied not only to age but also requires one to be a citizen/resident of the respective countries!

NZ - Aussie used to be tied together, splitting apart in some ways with what Kiwi and Ausies can do in respective countiries
I think Aussies have it better here than us over there.
Their mineral economy came to a crunching halt a few years back while we less dependent on it keep on chugging along

Make sure you grab international version of drivers as modded INFs are based on International
Otherwise you may see an error = usually file not found (confirm with Device manager have disk method)

Ok new to the site and modding drivers. I have an Alinware M18xR2, has an Nvidia Geforce 675M that had already been modded by someone else before I bought it. Something happened the other day and no the video card does not show up in device manager. Everything works but games, so its apparently lost the modded drivers for the video card. I sent email to the person I bought from and got a smart Axe remark from them. Assuming the video card isn't bad, can I use this on the GTX675M? I have to pull the bios battery to reset the bios because the screen went blank when I changed a setting in bios. I was trying things and it didn't like that. I can get more specifics when I can see the screen again, but I wanted to make sure I could use this. Thank you.

Edited by JRiess

1 hour ago, mobilenvidia said:

NZ - Aussie used to be tied together, splitting apart in some ways with what Kiwi and Ausies can do in respective countiries
I think Aussies have it better here than us over there.
Their mineral economy came to a crunching halt a few years back while we less dependent on it keep on chugging along

Make sure you grab international version of drivers as modded INFs are based on International
Otherwise you may see an error = usually file not found (confirm with Device manager have disk method)

Atleast back in 2011, it makes it seems like NZ and Aussie were basically like allowing the people of both to visit freely as if it's the same country.

I was using the drivers from the link in 391.58 post and ran the setup program after replacing the inf with the modded inf in that same thread, was I supposed to use device manager with the have disk method instead of running the setup.exe program to install since I thought there were other components the driver usually installs as listed in the custom install or how does one install those?  

You should be able to run setup or do via Device manager, doesn't matter
Device manager route is more informative to error stopping install

Weir I've been testing INF before posting them
What Version of Windows you running ?

7 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

You should be able to run setup or do via Device manager, doesn't matter
Device manager route is more informative to error stopping install

Weir I've been testing INF before posting them
What Version of Windows you running ?

Windows 10 Home Edition x64 with April 2018 update v1803 Build 17134.48

Build 1803 same as me, but back when I made INF would have been on previous build

Ah I see, thats a Tesla driver, have look at 391.35 this has been tested
Tesla drivers are not known for functionality and often lack a control panel
391.35 is latest NV release.

@StefanG3D worked on 391.58 INF, I'll have a looksy

Just tried 391.58 with Stefan's INF and all is well
Installs via Device Manager and Setup

Give 391.35 ago, just incase there is a Fermi issue

39158.JPG

391.35 stock works by default without needing a modded INF but I thought there were some bugs in the later nVidia releases which were fixed in 397.  

NV only introduces bugs with later releases 🙂

Actually, from what I read... 388 was the one that introduces a bunch of problems and they slowly get fixed except a lot didn't get fixed until 397. LOL.  This notebook is aging though since I only didn't upgrade because of the 3D display.