LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17723 and Build 18204

mobilenvidia

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2018/07/25/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17723-and-build-18204/

Today, we are releasing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17723 (RS5) to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring and Build 18204 (19H1) to Windows Insiders who have opted in to Skip Ahead.

Going forward, RS5 builds will come from the RS5_RELEASE branch. For Insiders who chose to “skip ahead”, 19H1 builds will continue to come from the RS_PRERELEASE branch. Insiders can see the branch name in the watermark at the lower right of their desktop. Right now, the builds from these branches are largely the same which is why we’re only doing a single blog post for both of today’s new builds. However, in the future we will be doing separate blog posts for each. 

I went to bed, with no sign of update
Closed laptop lid
Get up
Open lid
98% installed
Must have rebooted while asleep also
Not done that before

Any looks to be a major upgrade, got all the Welcome to windows stuff bla bla
So far so good

I must have come off Skip ahead to be on 17723 not 18204

You're right - they closed Skip Ahead for a while and you need to choose it again. 17723 installed well for me (unlike 17713), but then I was missing most of my Windows Store apps. I had to run the "reinstall everything" PowerShell command to get them back. After that, all seems well and this looks like a good build.