LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Intel Graphics - Windows 10 Modern Drivers Version: 25.20.100.6444 (UWD)

StefanG3D

Intel Graphics - Windows 10 Modern Drivers Version: 25.20.100.6444 (UWD)

WARNING: Failure to read the below may result in system instability

These new drivers labeled as either UWD (Universal Windows Driver) or Windows Modern graphics drivers aren't backward compatible with our previous graphics drivers we are now labeling Legacy. This means if later you want to revert to a Legacy driver you will need to uninstall the driver via Windows Apps and Features and reboot the system before installing a Legacy driver. Failure to do so may result in minor to major system instability.

DO NOT use the INF / Have-Disk method to install or uninstall this driver as it bypasses the Intel installer designed to install these new drivers, thereby possibly resulting in minor to major system instability. For this reason, we're not providing the ZIP file for the next several driver releases while users transition to this new Microsoft driver platform.

For more information about UWD/Modern drivers

Highlights:

• Automatic Game Tuning Feature Updates
  • Intel’s First Windows* Modern Driver
  • Launch Driver Games

Introducing Intel’s Windows Modern Driver also called Universal Windows Driver (UWD).

For more information on Intel® Graphics Controllers supported

This Windows Modern driver requires an Internet connection for Windows to automatically download the Intel Graphics Control Panel from the Microsoft Store.

Earlier this year, Intel introduced a feature in the Graphics Control Panel to automatically tune game settings for Intel® Graphics on 6th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors or higher (including 8th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Radeon RX Vega M Graphics). Today, we're adding new capabilities and supporting more games!

It's working well here so far. The only difference I notice is the control panel is now an app rather than a right-click menu item. I'm not thrilled about the gaming stuff, but we'll see how it goes.

5 hours ago, LSudlow said:

It's working well here so far. The only difference I notice is the control panel is now an app rather than a right-click menu item. I'm not thrilled about the gaming stuff, but we'll see how it goes.

Where can I find this app?

4 hours ago, mik said:

Where can I find this app?

It's in the start menu under Intel.

4 hours ago, Haikal_Muzafar said:

I believe this means that LTSB/LTSC is no longer supported then?

According to the release notes, only 1709, 1803 and 1809 are supported:

Operating System(s):   
    Microsoft Windows* 10-64 - Fall Creators Update
    Microsoft Windows* 10-64 - April 2018 Update
    Microsoft Windows* 10-64 - October 2018 Update

Best regards,
Andi

40 minutes ago, Andi_84 said:

According to the release notes, only 1709, 1803 and 1809 are supported:

Best regards,
Andi

I mean, since LTSC doesnt have store app in it can you install it then?