LaptopVideo2Go Forums

WINDOWS 10 INSIDER BUILD 18875 FAILS TO UPDATE

Infinity7

Many Windows 10 Insiders have had trouble updating to Insider build 18875, and are getting error 0xca00a000. A way has been found to solve the problem. Here are the steps which have resolved it:

• 1) Install a NVidia driver other than 430.00 and reboot.
  • 2) Go to the Windows 10 Settings/Update & Security/Recovery menu, and choose "Reset this PC". (That choice will make it keep your created files, but you will need to reinstall your programs again later.)
  • 3) After it finishes the process of resetting Windows 10, reboot at least once (but possibly more than once), and run Windows Update again, and it will update you to build 18875 ok this time.
  • 4) Once you're updated to Insider build 18875, you can reinstall your programs again.

No way I'm doing all that to get to 18875

I'll wait for a fixed update

14 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

No way I'm doing all that to get to 18875

I'll wait for a fixed update

I got tired of trying a bunch of other solutions. It was taking up too much time. This way it got done fairly quick.