• zipper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Vineet Garg said:

Sir,

May we have the driver ? 

Thanks & Regards. ...

You ask and we supply

Hi folks, please help me to solve my problem. My main 880m vcard doesnt function in games with 381 nvidia driver and the rest of newer ones. My laptop Instead uses integrated videocard...and 880m actually works only with 378 nvidia driver and earlier ones. Is it possible to make it work with the latest drivers? Thanks in advance.

My laptop: clevo eurocom p157sm, win10.

Edited by ieaglei

40 minutes ago, ieaglei said:

Hi folks, please help me to solve my problem. My main 880m vcard doesnt function in games with 381 nvidia driver and the rest of newer ones. My laptop Instead uses integrated videocard...and 880m actually works only with 378 nvidia driver and earlier ones. Is it possible to make it work with the latest drivers? Thanks in advance.

My laptop: clevo eurocom p157sm, win10.

Check out: Support Plan for Kepler-series GeForce GPUs for notebooks

You need to use the modified INF above and you also must disable driver signatures as described in our FAQ section.

45 minutes ago, StefanG3D said:

Check out: Support Plan for Kepler-series GeForce GPUs for notebooks

You need to use the modified INF above and you also must disable driver signatures as described in our FAQ section.

I always do these steps before installing drivers, otherwise my 880m wouldnt function in games with older Nvidia drivers, which go before 381v

Do both GPUs work correctly in GPU-Z?

Also you can force dedicated GPU in NVIDIA control panel.

Or you can right-click an executable and select "run with performance GPU".

Have you tried all drivers? Your card should work upto 425.31 with modified inf - there might have been some bad drivers with bugs after 378.xx. I have updated my 680m upto 390.65, then it died.

Right click on game you are playing and set as per attached (but with your GPU)

You can also set which GPU(s) to use in NV control panel the Global and Application
There is also an OpenCL or GL setting you do the same to further down

render.PNG

CP global.PNG

CP Application.PNG

On 6/2/2019 at 10:27 PM, StefanG3D said:

Do both GPUs work correctly in GPU-Z?

Also you can force dedicated GPU in NVIDIA control panel.

Or you can right-click an executable and select "run with performance GPU".

They both work correctly only with old drivers as I said before. Changing GPU in NVIDIA control panel also doesnt work with late drivers.

On 6/2/2019 at 10:44 PM, zipper said:

Have you tried all drivers? Your card should work upto 425.31 with modified inf - there might have been some bad drivers with bugs after 378.xx. I have updated my 680m upto 390.65, then it died.

As far as I know my laptop support only Mobile OEM drivers and I tried them all.

22 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

Right click on game you are playing and set as per attached (but with your GPU)

You can also set which GPU(s) to use in NV control panel the Global and Application
There is also an OpenCL or GL setting you do the same to further down

render.PNG

CP global.PNG

CP Application.PNG

Ive tried this too..the same result (

What was last driver that worked ?

11 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

What was last driver that worked ?

381.65-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql. But dedicated GPU functions only in Wolfenstein 2 with this driver. 880m is just fine almost in all games with early versions of drivers.

Edited by ieaglei

Have you tried: Don't use global setting for the GPU for games - put every game exe from the list of installed programs  directly to use Nvidia high performance graphics processor.

2 hours ago, ieaglei said:

381.65-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql. But dedicated GPU functions only in Wolfenstein 2 with this driver. 880m is just fine almost in all games with early versions of drivers.

381.65 with or without modded INF ?
If using original INF attach it here, there will be a specific section in the INF for your machine, you could try and put in modded INF

If using modded INF then something changed in the driver it self, and less likely for a fix

57 minutes ago, mobilenvidia said:

381.65 with or without modded INF ?
If using original INF attach it here, there will be a specific section in the INF for your machine, you could try and put in modded INF

If using modded INF then something changed in the driver it self, and less likely for a fix

I always use modded INF, otherwise installation fails

Edited by ieaglei

1 hour ago, zipper said:

Have you tried: Don't use global setting for the GPU for games - put every game exe from the list of installed programs  directly to use Nvidia high performance graphics processor. 

Ive tried this too

Have you tried:

Last of the 381 series modded INFs I made

Or 381.65 is the very last driver to work.
just checking if 381.65 is the very last (and NV has changed something in their drivers)

You should be able to use pretty well any driver with modded INF
'Mobile OEM" means that the driver has many INFs for OEM laptops
Quadro driver will work just as well as a Geforce driver with modded INF

13 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

Have you tried:

Last of the 381 series modded INFs I made

Or 381.65 is the very last driver to work.
just checking if 381.65 is the very last (and NV has changed something in their drivers)

You should be able to use pretty well any driver with modded INF
'Mobile OEM" means that the driver has many INFs for OEM laptops
Quadro driver will work just as well as a Geforce driver with modded INF

Ive already tried all Mobile OEM drivers with attached modded INFs...so you mean I should try all the drivers marked with "Quadro"? But installation of Quadro drivers fails because there is no attached modded INFs in topics with quadro

Edited by ieaglei

If none of the mobile drivers work after 381.xx then no Quadro or any other version will work either

Can't be the INF either as it didn't get an update till 382.23

Its looking horribly like NV changed something in the driver code with MxM and 880M possibly other GPU's too

Do you have Optimus? If yes, maybe your Intel driver clashes with "too new Nvidia" driver. Worth checking what Intel does offer for your Intel 4600 (?).

22 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

If none of the mobile drivers work after 381.xx then no Quadro or any other version will work either

Can't be the INF either as it didn't get an update till 382.23

Its looking horribly like NV changed something in the driver code with MxM and 880M possibly other GPU's too 

Does that mean that my 880m is destined to be ignored by all the drivers which newer than 382v forever? 😔 Anyways, thanks for your help...

If I rightly understand this optimus is kinda option which switches automatically between integrated and discrete cards in order to save laptop battery and do other things...it seems to me I have this function

Edited by ieaglei

9 hours ago, zipper said:

Do you have Optimus? If yes, maybe your Intel driver clashes with "too new Nvidia" driver. Worth checking what Intel does offer for your Intel 4600 (?). 

How can I find it out for sure?

Edited by ieaglei

I take it the 8800M is not a Eurocom/Clevo original, there is no original driver for it with your laptop and GPU (you now have) ?
Here is part of the problem, I assume the laptop has been upgraded with 880M
NV may have disabled MxM - Maximus switching maybe by OEM pressure that upgrades were happening outside their control
Warranty issues may have been a factor, as you break you laptop with a 880M in and just put the original GPU back in and send it back for repairs

All speculation, but it looks like NV has changed the rules at 381series
Without an affected machine, little I can do

I started this website with my Geforce 2go, and no updated drivers, spent countless hours working out how INFs work
You may need to experiment with your machine
Or go back to original GPU (if its been upgraded) and theoretically the NV released OEM mobile drivers should work without modded INF