LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 441.12 Mobile OEM Game Ready

StefanG3D

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, NVIDIA's driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready for Red Dead Redemption 2
The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for Red Dead Redemption 2. Read up on recommended settings and GPUs for Red Dead in our article here. The new driver also includes the latest optimizations for Need for Speed Heat and Borderlands 3.

New G-SYNC Compatible Monitors
The list of G-SYNC Compatible displays increases to over 55 options with the addition of the LG B9, C9, and E9 4K OLED TVs. Make sure to update your firmware first for the best experience.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/441.12/441.12-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/441.12/441.12-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/441.12/441.12-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/441.12/441.12-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

Release 440 is an 'Optimal Drivers for Enterprise' (ODE) branch release. ODE branches are designed and tested to provide long-term stability and availability, making drivers from these branches ideal for enterprise customers and other users requiring application and hardware certification.

ODE drivers also serve as the basis from which Studio drivers are built. Thus, ODE drivers offer the same functionality as the corresponding NVIDIA Studio Ready drivers.

Release 440 delivers performance enhancements over the previous ODE, Release 430, with performance gains up to 30% for popular applications such as Dassault Systemes SOLIDWORKS, PTC Creo, and Autodesk VRED, depending on application mode and optimization settings.

What’s New in Version 440 U2

• Added security updates for driver components. See the NVIDIA Security Bulletin 4907 for details (bulletin content will be available after 11/6/2019).

Known Issues in Version 440 U2

• [NVIDIA Control Panel][Mosaic]: It may take several minutes to set a Mosaic topology.
  • [Mosaic]: ConfigureMosaic.exe is unable to set the correct 1x2 Mosaic topology on 5k/8k displays.
    This issue will be resolved in a future R440 release. To use Mosaic, revert to an R430 driver.
  • [Merged Display][NVIDIA Turing GPUs]: Blue-screen crash occurs when setting up merged displays with all displays selected for the source display and scaling enabled.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/Quadro_Certified/441.12/441.12-win10-win8-win7-quadro-release-notes.pdf
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/Quadro_Certified/441.12/441.12-quadro-desktop-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/Quadro_Certified/441.12/441.12-quadro-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

Driver branch: r441_09-4

Hello,

Do you have the modded inf for "standard" drivers ?

I would like install 441.12 drivers on a gtx765m. Official drivers don't support it ! What a shame this programmed obsolescence!

Best regards.

JLed.

Out of luck. Kepler cards have been moved to legacy support, only critical security updates may pop up. So 425.31 is the latest to work for you atm.

But, I don't understand : in 440.97 modded inf, "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M" was added. So I can install this on my computer ? Or not ? 

8 hours ago, JLed said:

But, I don't understand : in 440.97 modded inf, "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 765M" was added. So I can install this on my computer ? Or not ? 

Modded INF made, it still supports Kepler GPU's as the official INF still does also
BUT if you search for a Kepler GPU on the Driver page Kepler GPU's aren't supported (including 880, 870 and 860 GTX's)

I've not tested the INF as currently running DCH drivers and a huge mission to get them to install once a Standard driver is installed

Thank you very much for modded inf.

You’re right, it doesn’t work!
So I don’t understand what the INF modded is for.

A long time ago, I was using your modded inf to install the new drivers on an old 7600m and it worked perfectly.

Best Regards.

JLed

1 hour ago, JLed said:

... it doesn’t work...

Describe exactly where it fails.

Did you

- completely uninstall previously installed DCH drivers

- disable driver signatures

- install via have disk method?

I change original inf by modded inf in 441.12 "standards" drivers.

Via have disk method, it ask me that my actuals drivers (417.71 "standard") are the best for me.

Via Nvidia setup, I pass through control, I choose my installation (only drivers) and the install starts. But an error occurs and the final panel indicates "drivers install failure".

3 hours ago, JLed said:

Via have disk method, it ask me that my actuals drivers (417.71 "standard") are the best for me.

You get this message if you use "manual installation", where you select a folder.

"Have disk method" is similar, but you select the modded INF file inside the folder.

Each INF is modded for each driver, as each driver is different
I normally test INFs before posting (like DCH version) to make sure they work.
As I mentioned to change from standard driver to DCH is quite a challenge for those systems not originally supported

As above do a manual install (via Device manager) and see where process stops
If file not found error then all is hopeful as that can be fixed

Any other error will probably mean a no go.
Remember not even the GTX880M is supported via Drivers Download page at NV for this driver, even though it is in the INF
Anything Kepler and below may not work.

I wonder how they separate mobile Keplers from desktop ones - desktop supported, mobile not.

Hello all,

I started all over again:

I disable signature driver with startup settings method (F7 at restart);

I reinstall 441.12 "standard" with modded inf;

It's works! It's signature driver who was blocking.

I have 441.12 and it's works perfectly.

Thank you very much for your help.

JLed.

So there is no blocking hardware-wise, just no support in the "official" inf. A good thing.

All led down a merry path of doom and gloom all the while Kepler lives on, and ofocurse why the modded INFs still support them, I knew that 😉

• 2 months later...

Hi all!  My Clevo W355SSQ Laptop is recovering from a big mistake i just made, i accidently went and installed the latest nVidia drivers in (a knee-jerk) reaction to  a new game i started to play, No Man's Sky, it had a pop-up that said to update and i stupidly did so...

4 days of BSODs & repairs later i crawled back to a semi-working desktop with Themes turned off (because they trigger my nVidia GPU i suppose - which leads to BSOD), meanwhile the dokes at nVidia support can't seem to find any old drivers, so i have to write .ps1 scripts to download every driver from their now-closed-to-the-public FTP site..., so that i may begin finding out which driver i used to have since the original v332.20 OEM driver... sigh.

Then by LUCK i found you'all!!!  I'm so very glad, you're all a ray of hope, if my GPU did not fry, i may be able to game once more!!  No Man's Sky was asking for a driver v419.xx for some reason, so i would like to submit some pics of what i have got and get the INF i need, i have all the nVidia drivers at this point, i just need your wise INF help!  

And if you would tell me, is it safe to install PhysX?  It tends to fast crash my laptop, maybe i'm too noob and doing it incorrectly perhaps? 

Win7 Pro x64 SP1 all updates!

GPU Intel.png

GPU nVidia.PNG

Haswell CPU.png

Edited by Core

38 minutes ago, Core said:

Hi all!  My Clevo W355SSQ Laptop is recovering from a big mistake i just made, i accidently went and installed the latest nVidia drivers in (a knee-jerk) reaction to  a new game i started to play, No Man's Sky, it had a pop-up that said to update and i stupidly did so...

4 days of BSODs & repairs later i crawled back to a semi-working desktop with Themes turned off (because they trigger my nVidia GPU i suppose - which leads to BSOD), meanwhile the dokes at nVidia support can't seem to find any old drivers, so i have to write .ps1 scripts to download every driver from their now-closed-to-the-public FTP site..., so that i may begin finding out which driver i used to have since the original v332.20 OEM driver... sigh.

Then by LUCK i found you'all!!!  I'm so very glad, you're all a ray of hope, if my GPU did not fry, i may be able to game once more!!  No Man's Sky was asking for a driver v419.xx for some reason, so i would like to submit some pics of what i have got and get the INF i need, i have all the nVidia drivers at this point, i just need your wise INF help!  

And if you would tell me, is it safe to install PhysX?  It tends to fast crash my laptop, maybe i'm too noob and doing it incorrectly perhaps? 

Win7 Pro x64 SP1 all updates!

Your launch drivers:

https://www.clevo.com.tw/en/e-services/download/ftpOut.asp?Lmodel=W3xxSS&ltype=9&submit=+GO+

Offers from Windows update:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=pci\ven_10de%26dev_1392%26subsys_35011558

Your rig is included in "nvcvi.inf" in any official driver, no need to modify anything

%NVIDIA_DEV.1392.3501.1558% = Section007, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1392&SUBSYS_35011558 

You need legacy PhysX only with old games listed here: http://physxinfo.com/

Modern games have PhysX3 runtimes inside their program folder.

But i crash tons with most newer vanilla nVidia drivers as i explained, there must be something wrong, some nVidia drivers work and some do not, it's  more than TDRs, so i'm thinking it's PhysX and/or some bugs they no longer care about. 

There are many posts describing the same issues on nVidia support, around versions 350-390, i was really thinking you guys had the fix with your special INF files... could i try the best one you have for my "rig" and see what happens?

nVidia HW IDs.PNG

nVidia HW IDs.PNG

Edited by Core

7 minutes ago, Core said:

But i crash tons with most newer vanilla nVidia drivers as i explained, there must be something wrong, some nVidia drivers work and some do not, it's  more than TDRs, so i'm thinking it's PhysX and/or some bugs they no longer care about. 

There are many posts describing the same issues on nVidia support, around versions 350-390, i was really thinking you guys had the fix with your special INF files... could i try the best one you have for my "rig" and see what happens?

If you suspect it's the culprit, don't install PhysX until an old game asks for it.

There are no magic crash fixes inside the modified INF, as explained above we add GPUs that have been locked out by NVIDIA for whatever reasons.

Go to "archived releases" and try a driver tagged "mobile OEM" from each driver series.

I've been to the Clevo Website for those Drviers, the nVidia one is kinda hacked together, has errors in parts of it, not very well compiled, but thank you for the link. 

The Microsoft Update page is really a cool tool, but the drivers your link points to do not install, they say hardware not found, so i think you put in the wrong string, i posted the HW IDs above, when i look for newer drivers online from DM it says i have the most up to date at 332.60, so i'm kinda thinking MS does not have something to update with for my hardware?

I've been looking for help in your forums and another user 6 months ago had a very similar problem as i believe i have, please jump to this forum link and see if what worked for him helps me here please, you may have forgotten how helpful you were, tia!

Attached is the INF file i believe my Clevo W355SSQ uses... which has a different name than the INF file you said i use, does it really use either, or ?

nvcv.inf

Edited by Core

1 hour ago, Core said:

So, as i was told to install vanilla nVidia drivers i'm trying, but this is the result...

Did you disable driver signatures?

Install via have disk method as described in FAQ section

14 hours ago, Core said:

The Microsoft Update page is really a cool tool, but the drivers your link points to do not install, they say hardware not found, so i think you put in the wrong string

Recheck yourself, the hex numbers mean:

10DE = NVIDIA
1392 = GTX 860M
3501 = SKU
1558 = Clevo