LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Realtek audio driver problem: microphone | strix hero 2 gl504gm

SeppeVS

I bought the asus rog strix hero 2 laptop in June 2019 and it works fine exept for one thing. A couple of months back I started to get problems with my audio drivers. I can listen to music no problem but my microphone doesn't work anymore. It is 100% a driver issue and I tried to reinstall older drivers, the drivers from the asus website specifically for this machine (rog strix hero 2 gl 504gm) but none of it worked. I have tried EVERYTHING I can find on internet about this issue but I just can't get it fixed. Also when I plug in my headset, it doesn't appear in playback devices (my disabled devices are shown). My microphone is shown in the recording tab from the control panel but it doesn't receive any sound. I thought it would be solved if realtek would release a new driver update but the last update is from april 2019 so I don't think a new update will arrive. Is someone out there who had the same problem or just someone who can help me?
I am using windows 10

Check device manager->audio input->microphone for error codes.

Try microphone test and troubleshooter in sound control panel.

Check microphone privacy seting.

2 minutes ago, StefanG3D said:

Check device manager->audio input->microphone for error codes.

Try microphone test and troubleshooter in sound control panel.

I have tried that a lot and all it says is audio services not responding. Not fixed

On 12/31/2019 at 7:42 AM, SeppeVS said:

I have tried that a lot and all it says is audio services not responding. Not fixed

perhaps post the realtek audio problem you are experiencing with your ROG STRIX GL504GM laptop in the ASUS ROG forums and see if someone there will help you out.  maybe even contact ASUS though that one may be a longshot

3 hours ago, erp-ster7n said:

perhaps post the realtek audio problem you are experiencing with your ROG STRIX GL504GM laptop in the ASUS ROG forums and see if someone there will help you out.  maybe even contact ASUS though that one may be a longshot

I have done both of those things. On the asus rog forum no one seems to understand what is going on. Asus just keeps sending me new drivers that are not working.

37 minutes ago, StefanG3D said:

Connect an external microphone and check if it also fails.

Try a Windows clean boot

Search in "Windows event viewer" and "Windows error reporting (WER)" for hints.

External microphones (the one in my headset) is also not working. I would like to try all other options before doing a clean install because it takes a lot of time to reinstall everything.

7 minutes ago, SeppeVS said:

... clean install...

"Clean boot" is another thing and quickly done. Just review the linked article.