LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Help with custom INF for GeForce MX150

filippo.san

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and first of all I would like to thank you for your great work. I need your help for the installation of a (any) driver for my graphic card. I have a Dell Ispiron 7779 where I replaced the original Geforce 940mx with a GeForce MX150 coming from a newer Dell Inspiron 7773.

Hardware IDs:    PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1D10&SUBSYS_07441028

I have tried many modded drivers but I have never managed to make it work properly as I get an error like this:

Device PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1D10&SUBSYS_07441028&REV_A1\4&be0e922&0&00E0 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_134D&SUBSYS_07441028&REV_A2\4&be0e922&0&00E0
Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Location Path: PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1C00)#PCI(0000)
Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFE0000123
Present: true

To me the problem seems to be that on the forum I cannot find ANY modded .inf file which has exactly the id  1D10.0744.1028 , but I'm not sure if I understood how this works.

Actually i never heard of that issue before.

At first try these exactly matching drivers:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q= pci\ven_10de%26dev_1d10%26subsys_07441028

With modded INFs you don't need a subsys_id

Make sure to disable driver signatures and install via have disk method.

Otherwise search for a solution like this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=was+not+migrated+due+to+partial+or+ambiguous+match

Thanks for your reply. However this was not enough to solve the problem.

First, the drivers from microsoft actually are not exactly matching, as none has both the dev_id and the subsys_id like mine. The search function showed those because some of the compatible cards have only one of the two IDs equal to mine.

As for modded INFs: the only one that allows me to complete the installation without sending warnings is the 436.15 with this INF: ttps://laptopvideo2go.com/infs/400series/43615_win10x64_dch/nv_dispi.inf. Unfortunately the device manager shows the dreaded code 43 later..

In general, playing a bit around with the disk method, it seems like only some modded INFs are recognised as compatible for my MX150 while all the signed ones cause some warning and in the end cannot complete the installation. 

Of course they don't work if the subsys doesn't match. Principally just remove subsys string for MX150 (what comes after 1D10 in your case)  and then  disable driver signatures and install via have disk method.

I have no good news. If I add the ID in the .inf file by hand of a mx150 compatible driver, it will in general complete the installation, but will give error 43 later. However I imagine that modifing an .inf file implies something more than just adding a couple of strings.. 

When I last time tinkered with infs I took the lines of an existing card which had the same ID and just removed the subsys part from all lines where it is mentioned.