LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 446.14 Mobile OEM Game Ready

StefanG3D

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, NVIDIA's driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready for Valorant
The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for Valorant. In addition, this release also provides optimal support for Minecraft Dungeons, Disintegration, and Crucible.

Learn more in NVIDIA's Game Ready Driver article here.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/446.14/446.14-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf
http://de.download.nvidia.com/Windows/446.14/446.14-notebook-win8-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe
http://it.download.nvidia.com/Windows/446.14/446.14-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe
http://fr.download.nvidia.com/Windows/446.14/446.14-notebook-win10-64bit-international-dch-whql.exe

Driver branch: r445_85-16

On 5/28/2020 at 2:37 PM, Kramola said:

Could you release a modified standard INF 446.14 please ?

i just build 1 for you .

nv_dispi.inf

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am sorry to bother people but I need an inf for this driver since the one posted before is unavailable.  I tried to mod the inf myself, but I don't know much about doing it and it did not work.

Edit:  Well, I suppose it just was not available until I was a member of the board.  Apologies.

2nd edit:  Sorry for the multiple edits.  I tried the inf file posted here, but my installation still failed.

Edited by Soultpp
Failure

3 hours ago, Soultpp said:

I tried the inf file posted here, but my installation still failed.

In spite of disabling driver signatures?

Read the article "Standard drivers and DCH drivers"

Enable installer logging in the NVIDIA Geforce display driver and check log for errors.

Otherwise post a screenshot from GPU-Z (it has a camera button).

Edited by StefanG3D

It may not be turned off.  I just came here today after being referred by nVidia tech support because I have been having an issue with installing any driver (except a 5 yr old one from Windows Update) for my card ever since upgrading to Windows 10.  I did not see anything that said to turn off Driver Signatures, so I may have missed that step.  Once I figure out how to turn it off I will try again, if not I will follow the remaining steps you suggested.

14 minutes ago, Soultpp said:

It may not be turned off

Check this guide

Since it still failed, I did try the logging.  There was a warning in the file LOG.RunDll32.EXE.log  And many errors and warnings in LOG.setup.exe.log  I could not get a screenshot from GPU-Z at the moment as I attempted a clean install, which removed the old driver from Windows update.  If you need that screenshot or the logs, let me know and I can DM them or something, let me know and I will get them to you when I can get back here in a few hours.

You should be able to install driver 425.31 without modifications (unless you replaced your GPU with an aftermarket product).

The GPU-Z screenshot exposes the device ID / SUBSYS ID for further examinations.

You are the first here with rundll32 error, so the log would be interesting

I tried 425.31 but it was the same as trying any other unmodded installer.

Since you need the GPU-Z I reinstalled the one driver from Windows Update that ever works, 353.54

I'll have to DM you the logs, the setup one is too large to attach, but I can at least attach the GPU-Z screenshot.

Edit: I forgot to mention that yes, technically this could be considered an after-market GPU.  I the card was released a few years after I bought my computer.  (the best available at that time was the 680M, though I got the 670M)

GPU-Z.gif

Edited by Soultpp

Everybody who replaces his notebook GPU has this problem.
SUBSYS ID = Vendor ID + product identifier
"The Device Manufacturer is responsible for assigning this identifier to each individual product MODEL. Once an identifier is assigned to a product model, it must not be assigned to any other product model manufactured by the same company (that is, that uses the same Vendor ID)." Source: PNP ID and ACPI ID Registry

Your log complains about the control panel. I guess you mixed the standard (aka legacy) INF with the DCH (aka universal) installer.

If so, download legacy/standard installer and try again.

Ahh, yes that must have been what it was.  Once I tried again with the legacy/standard installer it worked fine and everything is installed now.  Thank you very much!

I have an Alienware m17xr3 with 880m Upgrade , this is the best driver with modded Inf from L2V2go that was ever installed on the system. Adpativ works great depending on the load, the GPU load and temp is excellent. Steel Division2, Sudden Strike 4, PanzerCorps 2 are doing very well.

I will test the driver with modded Inf on my Razer Stealth 13 (2019) with external Thunderbolt 3 Gaming Box Gigabyte Aorus 1080 GTX.

Edited by MGO