Jump to content
LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Lenovo M700 Tiny PC experiences


mobilenvidia

Recommended Posts

in the case of memories, this appendix 800 or 400 MHz still works well, especially for intelligent, and i will implement it..cpu doesn't worry about cooling at all.

Edited by rycyve
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • mobilenvidia

    49

  • Brow16

    11

  • cicistrici

    6

  • rycyve

    7

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi All, 

Hope you all doing well!

I have recently updated M710q Bios using CH341a, able to boot windows without any issue. Everything working except PCI /M.2 slot. On board wifi+bt not working NVME drive not working. Rest perfectly working fine.

I'm using i3 7100t but CPUZ showing 7310T

 

Any solution to fix both M.2 slots ?


image.png.dd62304cf5cb17786076423d16db7d98.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, itskoolricky said:

Hi All, 

Hope you all doing well!

I have recently updated M710q Bios using CH341a, able to boot windows without any issue. Everything working except PCI /M.2 slot. On board wifi+bt not working NVME drive not working. Rest perfectly working fine.

I'm using i3 7100t but CPUZ showing 7310T

 

Any solution to fix both M.2 slots ?


image.png.dd62304cf5cb17786076423d16db7d98.png

What your original machine a M7/900 ? or M710/910 ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi everyone,

I forgot to backup BIOS, can anyone help me with the original BIOS file of M710q (file .bin 16Mb)? thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Can anyone provide the bios dump for Thinkcentre M710Q  10YC ?  My computer is loading with blank screen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

This is not related but I wanted to let you know that the backup BIOS file you posted here has saved my computer which had been bricked for quite a while. Thank you so much for making it available

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, unicodepepper said:

This is not related but I wanted to let you know that the backup BIOS file you posted here has saved my computer which had been bricked for quite a while. Thank you so much for making it available

No probs, glad to be of help

Now do I attempt to do his again with a Coffee Lake CPU or just get a Tiger Lake system
Coffee Lake CPUs have shot up drastically so much so a Tiger Lake System becomes tempting
Hmmm 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 7:44 AM, mobilenvidia said:

What your original machine a M7/900 ? or M710/910 ?

M900 has same problem, using intel AX200, bluetooth work fine but can't find wireless adapter, can you fix this problem?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, định đào said:

M900 has same problem, using intel AX200, bluetooth work fine but can't find wireless adapter, can you fix this problem?

I cannot fix, I never tested the wireless, mine has a card but no antenna, it does work but I can't remember if it worked with the 9100T
I used LAN connection as I would be shifting very large files (TBs) to and from it

If someone was to sponsor me a Coffee Lake CPU I'd gladly get back into this again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, mobilenvidia said:

I cannot fix, I never tested the wireless, mine has a card but no antenna, it does work but I can't remember if it worked with the 9100T
I used LAN connection as I would be shifting very large files (TBs) to and from it

If someone was to sponsor me a Coffee Lake CPU I'd gladly get back into this again

LAN work ok, but can't detech wifi card, i think it come from bios, and sometime my M900 auto update bios and missing microcode added, did you know how to disable it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, định đào said:

LAN work ok, but can't detech wifi card, i think it come from bios, and sometime my M900 auto update bios and missing microcode added, did you know how to disable it?

WIndows updated the BIOS/Microcode in its updates starting doing it last year.
You'll need to keep an eye on MS Updates and unselect Lenovo BIOS update if it comes up...again

This broke my i3-9100T 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I damage my board trying to write the bios in the "mx25l2006e" chip in my m900 tiny, marked near the real bios chip (my mistake, the clip isn't correctly connected and it's a long night of work). after many tries and thanks to your file my system boot up again!. Now I have an error 135 fan failure, and the fan is full speed all the time. It's possible @mobilenvidia that you share a backup that chip? I don't know if this chips have the control of the fan sensors, speedfan don't show any fan connected. Thank you very much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, radiazo said:

I damage my board trying to write the bios in the "mx25l2006e" chip in my m900 tiny, marked near the real bios chip (my mistake, the clip isn't correctly connected and it's a long night of work). after many tries and thanks to your file my system boot up again!. Now I have an error 135 fan failure, and the fan is full speed all the time. It's possible @mobilenvidia that you share a backup that chip? I don't know if this chips have the control of the fan sensors, speedfan don't show any fan connected. Thank you very much

This is the chip I broke. I recover with you original bios backup, and next I install the bios update from the lenovo page. It install without problem, but fan is always full speed and the fan error shows every start.

bad chip.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, radiazo said:

This is the chip I broke. I recover with you original bios backup, and next I install the bios update from the lenovo page. It install without problem, but fan is always full speed and the fan error shows every start.

Ah, I see whats happened
I'll see what I can do, just bare with me as got a week from hell coming up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have the same problem the fan is buzzing very hard on and it's really annoying! Still the printer is not working!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

If you have the same problem as me, that is the fan don't work because you write the wrong chip (ec bios vs bios), i read the chip from another computer and now it the computer with the problem works good. Please read my previous post for identify the correct chip. make a backup of your actual chip before use this ecbios. Use it at your own risk, and inform if you has success. Best Regards,

crc32 77F6818D

sha256 D7C0B3988461565A7197C38CFAB8EF30940FD1D8A2565099B66758743E218057

ec bios 1.bin

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, radiazo said:

If you have the same problem as me, that is the fan don't work because you write the wrong chip (ec bios vs bios), i read the chip from another computer and now it the computer with the problem works good. Please read my previous post for identify the correct chip. make a backup of your actual chip before use this ecbios. Use it at your own risk, and inform if you has success. Best Regards,

crc32 77F6818D

sha256 D7C0B3988461565A7197C38CFAB8EF30940FD1D8A2565099B66758743E218057

ec bios 1.bin 256 kB · 0 downloads

Sucessfull recovery of the system. Next, I install ES processor (code name QNVH) with modified bios from the first post (mod_m900_m910_cfl.bin) and for now everything is working good. My only problems are:

  1. The serial number and model isn't registered in the bios, this make the bios show one error on post.
  2. Windows 10 make an update of the bios in windows update. the system stop working. it don't recover after program the bios again. I have to a) program the ec bios, and b) program the modified bios again, c) clear the cmos.

Beware that i have a lot of problems related to the rtc battery and the clear cmos jumper. I have sucess programing the chips with battery installed and jumper in normal position (pins46). Lock the bios or firmware update in bios with password, and ignore any lenovo firmware update. Best regards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi @mobilenvidia,

The backup file of M700 on first post is cleared ME or not? Please let me know, thanks.

 

 

Edited by tonnyz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...