LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Advice/Help updating driver on Bootcamp for AI

5ifty1

Hey all, long time lurker here, my last post was 11 years ago lol.  I have kind of an odd support request. Here's my current situation and info:

My Setup:

• Make/Model: Apple MacBook Pro (mid 2012)
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB VRAM - Device ID: 0FD5
  • Current Driver: 332.28 (9.18.13.3228)
  • Last Useable Driver: 332.28 (9.18.13.3228)
  • OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP 1 inside Bootcamp partition

My Issue:

So, I wanted to attempt to update my drivers, but it has been a while since I have done this and would love to get some advice on the matter if anyone has experience with it. Everything is running fine and I would normally not update, but I have an issue with Adobe Illustrator requesting that I update the drivers in order to use the "GPU Performance" features (see attached screenshot). I want to update to obtain this functionality. Per Nvidia's website, I went through the form and downloaded the latest driver (425.31). Is this latest driver advisable to install on such a dated system/setup? Is there an older driver that is recommended instead? Do I need to edit any INF or download an INF file to work with the latest driver? Please if anyone has any information on what to do, I would really appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to read my post!

Illustrator_2020-09-17_10-56-12.png