LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 465.12 CUDA on WSL

StefanG3D

NVIDIA is happy to announce the release of the latest version of the preview driver with enhancements such as NVML support for single GPU systems and support for new NVIDIA Ampere GPU architecture based GA10x such as the GeForce RTX-30 series GPUs (RTX 3090, 3080 and 3070)

Interested participants register in both the NVIDIA Developer Program 4 and the Microsoft Windows Insider Program 5, and can then access the driver installers and documentation via the Downloads area on NVIDIA's CUDA on WSL 41 webpage. Developers can use NVIDIA's Forum for sharing their public preview feedback with the WSL community.

Leverage NVIDIA's developer blog to learn much more about how CUDA works with WSL, including how to get started with running applications, including deep learning containers.

https://developer.nvidia.com/46512-gameready-win10-dch-64bit-international

https://developer.nvidia.com/46512-quadro-win10-dch-64bit-international

The documentation is a bit outdated, i installed latest CUDA like this for my distro

sudo apt-key adv --fetch-keys http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu2004/x86_64/7fa2af80.pub
sudo sh -c 'echo "deb http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu2004/x86_64 /" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cuda.list'
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install -y cuda-toolkit-11-1

Edited by StefanG3D

Same on my laptop with rtx2080 super.

After reboot error 43 in device manager. 

But this must some internal driver error as you just need to disable the card and reenable and it works fine but after reboot once again error 43

7 hours ago, Krzyslaw said:

Same on my laptop with rtx2080 super.

G-Sync or Optimus technology?

Double-checked with my old 840M Optimus rig, there the driver works fine after reboot.

Rechecked with 1060 G-Sync, issue also appears after waking up from sleep mode.

7 hours ago, Krzyslaw said:

you just need to disable the card and reenable and it works fine

Good find. Instead of the device manager you can also use:
nvidiaInspector.exe -RestartDisplayDriver
or
nvflash.exe --check
or
Microsoft DevCon

The Windows button combo CTRL+SHIFT+WINDOWS+B does not help.

I have MSI GE75 10SGS which is Optimus based and rtx2080super is giving me error 43

what is strange on my second "portable/office lap" MSI ps63 which is also Optimus but with gtx1050max everything is fine.

And I have exact same w10 20h2 build and exactly same configured.

I tried error 43 fix script from egpu forum but no luck, reverted back to 457.30 on RTX and back to normal

Sad as the dev driver gave me slightly better benches

I have SOLD my old gtx1060 lap so I cant check gtx1060 

Also tried force enabling pcie root port within hiden bios menu but this doesnt change anything 

Edited by Krzyslaw

2 hours ago, Krzyslaw said:

I tried error 43 fix script from egpu forum but no luck

I'm aware of that script, it actually uses the aforementioned MS devcon.
Its registry patch "RM1774520" refers to a function in the kernel mode layer handler (nvlddmkm.sys)
With that obscure name i wonder how a 3rd party author knows about the content of that function?
For obvious reasons no company releases infos about Windows kernel drivers.

Anyway, yet another user reported the issue at the dev forum, so i replied there.