LaptopVideo2Go Forums

HELP! Used driver cleaner and now code 19

Guest Philipp meyer

Guest Philipp meyer

HI !

After uninstalling my dell driver 45.81 (inspiron 8600, geforce 5650) with driver installer2 I'm confronted with a serious problem :

1) My graficcard does not appear in the device manager any more

2) The harware manager says there is a problem "code19" with my geforce 5650.

Does anybody know how I can fix this registry entry error without formating my harddisc?

ANy advice and help is highly appreciated as I really need my laptop for work!

Thanks and greetings

No format needed, the driver cleaner just did its job and wiped out everything related to your video card. Now find the most recent driver for your card on the Dell website. It's a self-installer, so that should put you back in business. After that, you can try some of the more recent drivers from here.

Let us know if you have any trouble with it.

Guest Guest

HI!

Already tried to install the dell driver over and over. Even tried the nv fix that is incorporated with the driver cleaner. Nothing helped. Dell driver unpacks and self installs as normal but when system restarts everything remains how it is right now.

How can I resolve that "registry entry problem" (code19)

Am close to freecking out !!!! :)

copy&pasted from a google search (3rd entry) <_< .

Code 19:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.

To fix this problem you can first try running a troubleshooting wizard. If that does not work, you should uninstall and then reinstall the hardware device. (Code 19)

Recommended Resoltuion:

A registry problem was detected.

This can occur when more than one service is defined for a device, if there is a failure opening the service subkey, or if the driver name cannot be obtained from the service subkey. Try these options:

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard.

Click Uninstall, and then click Scan for hardware changes to load a usable driver.

Restart the computer in Safe Mode (PRESS F8), and then select Last Known Good Configuration, which rolls back to the most recent successful registry configuration.

If that doesn't help you have to edit the registry directly and DELETE all GPU related stuff.

Guest Guest

in which directory of the registry are the nvidia related files located? Just don't want to delete any video entries that will then result in a black screen!!!

Thanx and greetings

The nVidia lines are all over the place in the registry, which is why the various driver cleaners are so usefull (usually). Dontknow's suggestions should have worked. (Especially, hitting F8 during boot and choosing "Use last known good configuration" should have fixed this.) You tried it and it didn't work?

Guest Guest

well, tried it before but didn't do much. Maybe because I had windows system back up option disabled all the time (taking up too much system ressources).

Would a new install (not by formatting c:) solve the problem or would then all data and progs be lost as well?

You really shouldn't need to do that. I don't think the F8 Last Known Good Configuration relies on System Restore. I've used it on other machines that had System Restore turned off and it worked fine. But if it doesn't work for you, I would then go into the Control Panel and use the Add Hardware to try to install the driver. It will prompt you for a disk, and you can then point to the directory where you've extracted your driver. Using this method, you can use one of the newer drivers from here if you want to.

If it still doesn't work, try the same thing again from Safe Mode (which you enter by hitting the F8 key when you reboot).

Finally, if all other solutions fail, you can repair your current Windows installation by using your install disk and choosing the Repair option. This should keep most of your current settings.

Good luck!

Guest JFranks0987

if ur talking about the driver cleaner from dirverheaven u need to use the little NVFIX program that comes with the newer versions

i got that error before..... but the nvfix thing fixes it so u can install the driver..... if u need help with this PM me and ill tell u how to get it working