LaptopVideo2Go Forums

How to mod and sign NVIDIA drivers with TPU NVCleanstall

StefanG3D

@StefanG3D

I don't know how to thank you for your help! I did as instructed and it worked 🙂

I now have an more up to date driver for this old hardware (which is btw working very well)

I tried few games and it seems to be very stable.

This was a great New Years 1385408362_Screenshot2022-01-10184249.png.82dfe90b3daab721cdabd84934ea1e8f.pnggift!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StefanG3D

• aledsav1

• TheRandomOne

• silverbullettt

v1.13.0 (February 15th, 2022)
  • Fetching the driver versions on the first page is now much faster and consumes less bandwidth
  • Downloads are now split into smaller chunks, so they can be cached and downloaded at higher speed
  • Added support for NVIDIA Studio drivers
  • Choices made on the Tweaks page will be saved and can be restored with one click on subsequent runs
  • On recent drivers, which include the NVIDIA control panel app, don't show the "Install DCH control panel" option
  • Updated some driver package descriptions
  • If the "DLSS Indicator" is enabled on the running system, pre-check the "Enable DLSS Indicator" checkbox on the Tweaks page
  • The DLSS Indicator can now be turned off by unchecking the checkbox on the Tweaks page

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Is it possible to get my GT 710 to work on the latest drivers with my GTX 970 with the GT 710 running two of my monitors? I managed to get the latest driver installed with both cards seemingly installed correctly, they both show up under the display adapters in device manager but no display outputs on the GT 710 monitors.

Thanks

23 minutes ago, YoeJates said:

Is it possible to get my GT 710 to work on the latest drivers with my GTX 970 with the GT 710 running two of my monitors? I managed to get the latest driver installed with both cards seemingly installed correctly, they both show up under the display adapters in device manager but no display outputs on the GT 710 monitors.

Latest driver that should work with Kepler and Maxwell at the same time is 472.98

https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/34768-geforce-47298-quadro-security-update-for-windows-1011/

In device manager both GPU's must show the "circuit board" symbol, but not the "circle with arrow down".

Can you upload GPU-Z screenshots of both GPU's?

2 minutes ago, StefanG3D said:

Latest driver that should work with Kepler and Maxwell at the same time is 472.98

https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/34768-geforce-47298-quadro-security-update-for-windows-1011/

In device manager both GPU's must show the "circuit board" symbol, but not the "circle with arrow down".

Can you upload GPU-Z screenshots of both GPU's?

So no matter what I do I wouldn't be able to install the latest 512.59 driver and have my GTX 970 and GT 710 working with all attached monitors at the same time?

1 minute ago, YoeJates said:

So no matter what I do I wouldn't be able to install the latest 512.59 driver and have my GTX 970 and GT 710 working with all attached monitors at the same time?

Unfortunately Kepler support has been physically removed from R495 and later drivers.

23 minutes ago, StefanG3D said:

Unfortunately Kepler support has been physically removed from R495 and later drivers.

Well thanks for the help and quick replies anyway. That's really unfortunate. I only have the GT 710 so I can run my 5th and 6th monitors. It's obviously good enough to run them but I'm going to miss out on any improvements for my GTX 970 in the mean time.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings!

This program has been very successful in installing drivers for my old GPU, however, days after my driver version had reverted to a very old one. Is this a bug? Is there a fix to this? 

15 hours ago, awekozami said:

This program has been very successful in installing drivers for my old GPU, however, days after my driver version had reverted to a very old one. Is this a bug? Is there a fix to this? 

That's an epic Windows issue. Review this guide:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/146562-prevent-windows-update-updating-specific-device-driver.html

6 hours ago, StefanG3D said:

I will try this fix and update if and when the drivers revert again, many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to install 342.01 on HP Elitebook 8770W with gt 240m with no luck. 
724.png

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&SUBSYS_176C103C
also why gpu-z shows my device id as 10DE0A34103C176C but subsys shows 176103c? are those swapped? 

what I did:

tried to add hardware support, but the dropdown is empty. 

tried to mod inf nvbli.inf, purged all entries and entered my device
%NVIDIA_DEV.0A34.5281.103C%=Section001,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&SUBSYS_176C103C

Edited by trdg

4 hours ago, trdg said:

Tried to install 342.01 on HP Elitebook 8770W with gt 240m with no luck. 

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&SUBSYS_176C103C
also why gpu-z shows my device id as 10DE0A34103C176C but subsys shows 176103c? are those swapped? 

what I did:

tried to add hardware support, but the dropdown is empty. 

tried to mod inf nvbli.inf, purged all entries and entered my device
%NVIDIA_DEV.0A34.5281.103C%=Section001,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34&SUBSYS_176C103C

10de = NVIDIA
0a34 = device id
176c = product identifier
103c = HP

I guess the driver is so old, that the author forgot to support it.

In your mod you have a false subsys id on the left side

Actually it is redundant in a modded driver, try this:

[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.0]
%NVIDIA_DEV.0A34%=Section001,PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A34
[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1]
[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.2]
[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.3]

[Strings]
DiskID1 = "NVIDIA Windows (64 bit) Driver Library Installation Disk 1"
NVIDIA = "NVIDIA"
NVIDIA_A = "NVIDIA"
NVIDIA_DEV.0A34 = "NVIDIA GT240M"

Then in NVCleanstall select:
show expert tweaks / disable driver telemetry
to trigger rebuilding signature

Maybe it's not old, but just HP things and nobody thought that someone will try to install this card into my model.

Do I need to tweak nv_dispi.inf or nvbli.inf? or it doesn't matter?

29 minutes ago, trdg said:

Do I need to tweak nv_dispi.inf or nvbli.inf? or it doesn't matter?

It should not matter. The installer searches in all INFs.

• 1 month later...

Hello. I've come back to this topic without any complaints. I've installed the latest driver possible for my GPU without it reverting in the following days. Out of curiosity though, and due to the lack of knowledge I have, would it be possible to install Desktop drivers on a laptop via this software? Thank you very much 🙂 

Edited by awekozami

5 hours ago, awekozami said:

Out of curiosity though, and due to the lack of knowledge I have, would it be possible to install Desktop drivers on a laptop via this software?

Yes, i have comprehensively explained in the opening post how and why it works.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm kinda a newbie on this, but I was considering updating my laptop's Quadro K2100M drivers beyond what Dell and NVIDIA officialy provides (using the latest Dell-provided drivers, also happens to be latest version provided in MUC when searching by the Device ID), so I need some hand-holding on searching for what would truly be the latest drivers for that card. (that and I would have an excuse to debloat the drivers from the unneeded components 😉 ). Attached the GPU-Z report, lmk if I should add additional info.

Thx in advance ^^

image.png.34d0036c1c5a977068fa582c90430a59.png

Edited by sneed

426.78 is the latest official for Kepler Quadro cards.

3 hours ago, sneed said:

...updating my laptop's Quadro K2100M drivers beyond what Dell and NVIDIA officialy provides...

If you read this whole thread you will notice that DELL users had trouble modding R470 series, but 463.15 worked for them.

Otherwise the R450 series yet gets updates.

1 minute ago, StefanG3D said:

If you read this whole thread you will notice that DELL users had trouble modding R470 series, but 463.15 worked for them.

Otherwise the R455 series yet gets updates.

I see, Suppose I avoid touching the R470 drivers then, and try the earlier series ones. thx.

1 minute ago, sneed said:

I see, Suppose I avoid touching the R470 drivers then, and try the earlier series ones. thx.

I made a typo, it's R450 series.

Try 453.64 : https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/191344/en-us/

4 hours ago, sneed said:

I'm kinda a newbie on this, but I was considering updating my laptop's Quadro K2100M drivers beyond what Dell and NVIDIA officialy provides (using the latest Dell-provided drivers, also happens to be latest version provided in MUC when searching by the Device ID), so I need some hand-holding on searching for what would truly be the latest drivers for that card. (that and I would have an excuse to debloat the drivers from the unneeded components 😉 ). Attached the GPU-Z report, lmk if I should add additional info.

Thx in advance ^^

image.png.34d0036c1c5a977068fa582c90430a59.png

I've been able to use 472.12 on the same GPU, just sharing. 

33 minutes ago, awekozami said:

I've been able to use 472.12 on the same GPU, just sharing. 

Oh, will also test that. BTW, what template did you choose? I was using the K2200M template as the difference between K2100M's and K2200M's sections in release 426.78's inf were marginal, but not sure if there's a more suitable section/template compared to it.

Edited by sneed

• StefanG3D featured this topic