LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Announcing Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22000.176

mobilenvidia

Windows 11 update is crashing Start Menu, Taskbar, Explorer and more

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/09/03/windows-11-update-is-crashing-start-menu-taskbar-explorer-and-more/

Written By publishedSeptember 2, 2021

UPDATE 7:10PM PDT: Recently, Windows Insiders in both the Dev and Beta Channels began reporting that Start and Taskbar were unresponsive and Settings and other areas of the OS wouldn’t load. We quickly discovered an issue with a server-side deployment that went out to Insiders and canceled that deployment. If you were impacted by this issue, you can use the following steps to get back into a working state on your PC.

• Step 1: Use CTRL-ALT-DEL and choose to open Task Manager.
  • Step 2: Choose “More details” at the bottom of Task Manager to expand Task Manager.
  • Step 3: Go to “File” and choose “Run new task”.
  • Step 4: Type “cmd” in the “Open” field.
  • Step 5: Paste the following (everything in bold):
    reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService /f && shutdown -r -t 0
  • Step 6: Hit enter, and then your PC should reboot. After rebooting, everything should be back to normal.

This happened to me but while still on 160, it must have partially installed and then BAM
Ended up Cloud restore which I think too me directly to this version but no issues other than build 22449 crashes after upgrade