LaptopVideo2Go Forums

30.0.101.1121 - 12th ... 6th generation (Alder Lake, Rocket Lake, Tiger Lake, Ice Lake, Comet Lake, Whiskey Lake, Amber Lake, Coffee Lake, Kaby Lake, Skylake, Lakefield, Jasper Lake, Gemini Lake and Apollo Lake), Windows 11 / 10

StefanG3D

This download installs the Intel® Graphics Beta Driver for Xe Dedicated, 6th-12th Gen Intel® Core™ Processor Graphics, and related Intel Atom®, Pentium®, and Celeron® processors.

Intel also says v30.0.101.1121 contains the fix for the dwm.exe memory leakage:
http://community.intel.com/t5/Graphics/BUG-dwm-exe-uses-memory-leakage-with-Intel-HD-Graphics-630/m-p/1336791#M103013

My results at the time of this writing on a Dell XPS 15 9570 with 32GB RAM on Windows 11 Professional x64 22000.346:
v30.0.101.1069 and earlier - 36.5GB within hours after starting up
v30.0.101.1121 - 800MB after 1 hour and 800MB after 15 hours  

On 11/17/2021 at 3:33 AM, Almighty1 said:

Intel also says v30.0.101.1121 contains the fix for the dwm.exe memory leakage:

As a trade-in Intel messed up the audio driver 💩

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-11-21h2#2746msgdesc

On 11/18/2021 at 8:58 AM, StefanG3D said:

When I first saw a article referencing that, I thought Intel UHD 630's audio was the same but turns out that's Intel SST, not the Intel Display Audio in Device Manager for the Intel UHD 630 which is not the same as Intel SST, thank god... hopefully no one has the Intel SST on this or other forums... 

Bigger disaster Snipping tool might not work argh :eek:

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2021 at 8:58 AM, StefanG3D said:

Looks like you are right about this one.  When I replied earlier, I never realized I had Intel SST earlier until a few minutes ago.  Is the Intel SST Audio driver part of the UHD driver or is it a separate driver or should I say where can one even find the SST driver to download?

image.thumb.png.de8d0cd3aedfc3f2b44ebd171a24e59f.png

I managed to find v10.29.0.6367 from Microsoft Update catalog which is the latest available for Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) Audio Controller which still would not install if you just browse the folder but it needs to be manually selected with Update Driver, Browse my computer for drivers, Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer for the following devices:
Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) Audio Controller
Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) OED

It didn't work.
My original drivers were:
Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) Audio Controller is v10.23.0.2427
and
Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) OED is v10.23.3349.219

If I changed it to:
Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) Audio Controller is v10.29.0.6367
and
Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) OED is v10.29.0.6367

Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) OED would have a problem with:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Mismatch configuration (production / engineering).

If I changed it to:
Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) Audio Controller is v10.29.0.6367
and

Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) OED would have a problem with:
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Mismatch configuration (production / engineering).

It would only work correctly with:
Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) Audio Controller is v10.23.0.2427
and

The v10.29.0.6367 are Lenovo branded and I have a Dell XPS 15 9570 and Dell does not provide any Intel Smart Sound Technology drivers.

@StefanG3D - Already tried that.  6590 does not have the "Intel (R) Smart Sound Technology (Intel (R) SST) Audio Controller" device in the infs and 6367 does but the problem is the OED device will not work whether it is using 6367 or the original version as mentioned in the previous post.  As it seems, the Company for those will list Lenovo or Wistron and neither of them works.  I tried uninstall and deleting the driver and all it does is it will reinstall what I had originally which seems to be the only version that works.  I know Microsoft basically blocked upgrades to Windows 11 because of people with older versions of the drivers but I have been running Windows 11 since July 3, 2021 24x7 and have not had any BSOD issues yet so not sure if the update is really needed.

• Andi_84 changed the title to 30.0.101.1121 - 12th ... 6th generation (Alder Lake, Rocket Lake, Tiger Lake, Ice Lake, Comet Lake, Whiskey Lake, Amber Lake, Coffee Lake, Kaby Lake, Skylake, Lakefield, Jasper Lake, Gemini Lake and Apollo Lake), Windows 11 / 10