LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Precision M6700 + M4000M and 3d Screen driver issues

PhOeNiX_H

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. I hope not.

My situation is... weird, I should say. I always modify the drivers myself and never had any issues doing that. Months ago, I decided to buy a 3d screen for my Dell Precision M6700 in order to have that juicy 120hz refresh rate and then the problems begun.

Modified drivers didn't work anymore. Anytime I tried to install something, my screen got full black and I had to use some kind of remote access software (like TeamViewer) in another machine to see what I'm doing and then uninstall the drivers. I tried different versions of the driver, including the most recent one and... no luck. All of them give me black screen until I uninstall them.

After some research, I found this forum and this driver here. It worked perfectly for my surprise, and this is what I'm using right now. The problem is: it's a year old driver and I want to update them. I also tried 510.10 driver, but all it does is a black screen, like other drivers.

Since my screen gets black with any newer driver, I assume this is about drivers not being compatible with the screen. There is something with 461.40 modified driver that allows this support, but I just can't figure out what exactly it is.

Can someone help me in this? Like I said: I always do the modification myself, so no, changing hardware IDs only is not enough. Newer driver has 2 M4000M (one is with Optimus and another one is without it. I don't know which one is which, but I tried both and both give me a black screen + Error 43 after being installed). I have a laptop with a Quadro P4000 and doing these modifications on hardware ID is enough for it, but not for this one. If someone wants to know: with 3d screen you HAVE to disable optimus, there is no another way.

Ah, I'm using Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64 bits. Fully updated.

Thanks in advance,

I suppose it's due to Kepler chip K5000M  on Precision M6700, support has ended. The latest official might be 426.78  - perhaps some trickery by somebody can help? 511.09 should work on P4000.

Yeah, this P4000 is installed on a Precision 7710 and it works fine with slightly modified drivers. This M4000M also worked fine in the same way before this new screen. It's good that at least 461.40 drivers work, but they are getting old and I have plans to upgrade this to a M5000M soon. I tried to switch gpus, but P4000 does not show anything from boot, which is a shame.

Thanks for your answer. I'll wait for someone that has some idea about what make 461.40 modified drivers so special for my case, lol.

Sounds similar to the issue some users have with old DELL Alienware

Try driver 463.15 which is from the same series as 461.40

It worked! Thank you very much, Stefan! Maybe it's not the newest, but at least it's only 4 months old.

What is exactly happening with old Dell Alienwares?

Two users complain about being able to run R460 drivers on their Kepler powered laptops, but not R470

Check page 2 in following topic: https://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/34429-how-to-mod-and-sign-nvidia-drivers-with-tpu-nvcleanstall

That's a shame. Does that mean I'll be stuck forever on R460 drivers?