LaptopVideo2Go Forums

GeForce 530.04 Windows Insider (capped at SM_86)

StefanG3D

Download via Windows update in dev channel on a desktop rig (for whatever reason Microsoft removed mobile INF's from CAB's a while ago)

To create a backup go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\
There must be a file with recent date stamp and some 100 MB file size, the name consists of random hex numbers without .CAB extension

Branch progression:

530.66    PugetBench'ed 
530.24    CUDA 12.1.55 test driver
530.20    CUDA 12.1 test driver
530.06    CUDA 12.1 test driver
530.04    bugfix_main-17853

WDDM 3.2 under Windows Copper
DirectX shader model 6.6
Vulkan API 1.3.225
CUDA 12.0.0 (this driver is capped at compute capability 8.6, ie cannot be modded for Ada/Hopper) 💩
Kernel mode driver teases ADA though: RMUseAdaPathForEdpBacklightModeSet

Stefan106-20220924-084947.gif

Edited by StefanG3D
updated branch progression

Anyone tested these?, how are they holding up vs 525.26?

Edited by tone321

10 hours ago, tone321 said:

Anyone tested these?, how are they holding up vs 525.26?

OpenCL context creation still fails as seen with R525

Looks like nobody at NVIDIA cares about that.

EDIT:

3DMark fails
All Geeks3D demos/benchmarks crash
GravityMark crashes
Riftbreaker benchmark stalls with black screen
Boundary Benchmark crashes
Indigobench fails
Resident Evil 6 benchmark fails
Bright Memory benchmark fails
GFXBench crashes
Final Fantasy XV benchmark stalls
Basemark crashes

Octanebench OK
Maverick benchmark OK

Tested under Windows Nickel. Forced all apps to use NVIDIA GPU.
Maybe this driver is hard coded for Windows Copper, maybe it does not like my driver mod, maybe it does not like my laptop 💩

yea same i was able to install it but my 3dmark didnt run. So, i went bk to 525.26 right after

Meanwhile i dusted my old Maxwell laptop with Windows 10.

That combo seems to work better. But because of the low speed i will not test so much on it.

Probably the driver is confused by the AMD iGPU in my new rig? Misc. apps already didn't like that, so a regression in a driver wont surprise me.

Well, i can live without this driver.

maxwell-w10-53004.png

I get the same 100% gpu load issue that I experienced with the 525 branch with this driver, otherwise working ok.

Edited by RJKeevil

• 2 weeks later...

Using this on my laptop with RTX 2080 SUPER. Had to modify the .inf files to add hardware support. The 100% GPU load is just Task Manager reporting bad values. MSI Afterburner is reporting correct data. So far I experienced no issues with it and it performs better (for me) than the official 517.48 driver 🙂

image.thumb.png.3b0e12576117e6f2f2bb34c3a000e8c1.png

Edited by Manciuszz

25 minutes ago, Manciuszz said:

...So far I experienced no issues with it...

So it really looks like only Optimus with AMD is screwed, while Optimus with Intel works.

Whatsoever, Tuesday i'll try the RTX 4090 launch driver (unless they only WHQL'ed r522.06)

FYI on the GPU load in task manager issue, it seems to be cause by using a combination of dual screens and Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling (HAGS).  Disabling HAGS fixes the issue for me.  Whether or not the load really exists or is just what task manager shows is still being discussed, on another thread some people say they also see the load in GPUZ.

I noticed that recent INF's incl. in this driver end with:
amd_dpfc.SVCDESC = "AMD_DPFC Service"

So i believe this driver does not integrate the AMD Dynamic Power and Frequency Controller Service Driver correctly.

Meanwhile confused developers are babbling about CUDA 12.0 instead of 11.8

https://github.com/NVIDIA/cuda-samples/commit/fd127a18a3e58e7bb9dab49d1c88e512e12c2349

<Import Project="$(CUDAPropsPath)\CUDA 12.0.targets" />
<Import Project="$(CUDAPropsPath)\CUDA 12.0.targets" />
Download and install the [CUDA Toolkit 12.0](https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-downloads) for your corresponding platform.

Can someone provide an installation package? I modified the desktop version driver downloaded from the Internet to fail to install and prompt that the necessary entries are missing.

6 hours ago, yejin said:

Can someone provide an installation package? I modified the desktop version driver downloaded from the Internet to fail to install and prompt that the necessary entries are missing.

Review this guide: How to mod and sign NVIDIA drivers with TPU NVCleanstall

Especially the workaround for insider drivers.

1 minute ago, yejin said:

Thanks for the guide, I've looked at it, but it doesn't support 530.04.

It does if you follow strictly the workaround.

As you can see i posted screenshots from 2 different laptops.

52 minutes ago, StefanG3D said:

It does if you follow strictly the workaround.

As you can see i posted screenshots from 2 different laptops.

Maybe there is a problem with the driver I downloaded. Compared with the laptop driver, there are many fewer folders, but the two versions I can find on the Internet are the same. I tried to enter the development channel, but did not receive the driver update for the graphics card, so I Don't know what to do.

Edited by yejin

4 hours ago, yejin said:

Maybe there is a problem with the driver I downloaded. Compared with the laptop driver, there are many fewer folders, but the two versions I can find on the Internet are the same. I tried to enter the development channel, but did not receive the driver update for the graphics card, so I Don't know what to do.

Try https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-11-insider-dev-530-04.444733/page-3#post-6054902

Edited by Manciuszz

Personally, I can't get NVCleanstall working with latest drivers.

It tells that everything worked fine but when I launch the install, it fails to and I have to go with usual driver package.

8 hours ago, yejin said:

I tried this, and it didn't work, and the error message indicated that the necessary entries were missing.

Yes. It probably won't work if you just extract and try to install. If you actually tried reading the guys post, you would have realized a way how to add it manually.

You can add your own GPU to be supported on this driver by launching Launch.bat file and you will have the ability to add your GPU to this driver.

The guy that packed everything together put all the tools inside to achieve what you want. The problem is that he didn't make it easy, since the scripts he used are literally copy/pasted from another repack. The scripts care about the extracted driver directory structure and his pack doesn't give a s*** about it. You will either have to edit the scripts themselves (afaik you only need to change Utility_INF.ahk as it is the one that allows you to add hardware support) or put them one-level up so they can see 'Display.Driver'.

7 hours ago, tormento said:

Personally, I can't get NVCleanstall working with latest drivers.

It tells that everything worked fine but when I launch the install, it fails to and I have to go with usual driver package.

NVCleanstall works fine with latest (OFFICIAL) 525.25 drivers. These aren't official drivers, so you might have trouble using it without creating a specific hierarchy? NVCleanstall supports.

21 hours ago, Manciuszz said:

Yes. It probably won't work if you just extract and try to install. If you actually tried reading the guys post, you would have realized a way how to add it manually.

The guy that packed everything together put all the tools inside to achieve what you want. The problem is that he didn't make it easy, since the scripts he used are literally copy/pasted from another repack. The scripts care about the extracted driver directory structure and his pack doesn't give a s*** about it. You will either have to edit the scripts themselves (afaik you only need to change Utility_INF.ahk as it is the one that allows you to add hardware support) or put them one-level up so they can see 'Display.Driver'.

NVCleanstall works fine with latest (OFFICIAL) 525.25 drivers. These aren't official drivers, so you might have trouble using it without creating a specific hierarchy? NVCleanstall supports.

Thanks for your guidance, now NVCleanstall is working normally, but the driver installation still fails, even if it is updated from the device manager, it will still prompt that the system cannot find the specified file. Compared with the laptop version driver, There are a lot of files missing in the 'Display.Driver'. I tried to fill in the missing files with the laptop driver, but NVCleanstall reported an error.

• StefanG3D changed the title to GeForce 530.04 Windows Insider (capped at SM_86)
  • StefanG3D unlocked this topic

Can some Windows insider with desktop rig manually check for r530.66 ?

TIA

https://benchmarks.pugetsystems.com/benchmarks/view.php?id=123076

https://benchmarks.pugetsystems.com/benchmarks/view.php?id=123080

https://benchmarks.pugetsystems.com/benchmarks/view.php?id=123085

https://benchmarks.pugetsystems.com/benchmarks/view.php?id=123091

Surprisingly the user benched with Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise (19042)

Back-ups only via spam-free hosts like Mega, Dropbox, Google drive etc please

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...