LaptopVideo2Go Forums

53.81 Corruption Archive

luxojr

Hi guys,

I've dl directly from dell the 53.81 driver release but at the end of the file extraction it reports an error related to the file "nvnt4cpl.dll". Infact it isn't extracted and also the archive hosted by laptopvideo2go is corrupted. This cause the installation process to stop due to the fact it doesn't find the file.

How crucial is this file?

Is there any way to recover it somewhere over the net?

Thanks again, LuxoJr

Hello LuxoJr,

I've grabbed the file from [ftp://ftp.us.dell.com/video/R74071.EXE] and extracted with no errors. I also grabbed the locally hosted file and extracted with no errors. I've looked in the INF to find no reference of nvnt4cpl.dll so no errors should be reported during installation either.

Are we using the same links? I did not attempt to install the files just tested compression for authenticity.

The file is relatively new in the drivers. It is not essential. It can be found in the newer desktop ForceWare drivers but not the mobile releases -- ie Dells.

Hello,

just for information to all, i use the following procedure for the drivers you can download from this site:

1. After compression, i test all archives

2. Upload

3. Download the just uploaded file

4. Test again.

This ensures maximum safety, that all files are working.