LaptopVideo2Go Forums

get rid of old MS JAVA VM v3810 or older in favor of SUN JRE

This is intended to unregister und delete MS JAVA VM.

Microsoft does NOT update their JAVA anymore and also support is not available anymore, so why should it be on the HD anymore?

It deletes (and unregisters) the following files:

[C:\WINDOWS]

setdebug.exe v5.00.3810

[C:\WINDOWS\System32]

dx3j.dll v4.79.2725

javacypt.dll v5.00.3810

javaee.dll v5.00.3810

javaprxy.dll v5.00.3810

javart.dll v5.00.3810

javasup.vxd

jdbgmgr.exe v5.00.3810

jit.dll v5.00.3810

jview.exe v5.00.3810

msawt.dll v5.00.3810

msjava.dll v5.00.3810

msjdbc10.dll v5.00.3810

vmhelper.dll v5.00.3810

wjview.exe v5.00.3810

[C:\WINDOWS\INF]

java.inf

Here's the cmd (put it in a .bat or .cmd):

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection java.inf,UnInstall
del %windir%\system32\jview.exe
del %windir%\system32\wjview.exe
del %windir%\inf\java.pnf
rd /s /q %windir%\java
regedit /s NOMSJAVA.reg

Put the NOMSJAVA.reg in the same directory where you have the above mentioned .bat or .cmd

NOMSJAVA.reg

don't know about that one since ICQ requires MS Java to work. I have both Sun and MS Java installed but every once in awhile, ICQ will not load or have other issues that reloading MS Java will fix. Also, Network Associates Sniffer Pro requires MS Java to show the interface.

Thanks for the info.

I didn't realized that, since i use no ICQ. Other than that i noticed no issues, but we should write them down in here if they arise, so people know.

Thanks for the info.

I didn't realized that, since i use no ICQ. Other than that i noticed no issues, but we should write them down in here if they arise, so people know.

To be honest, I can't figure out why ICQ even uses MS Java at all as it's owned by AOL and even Netscape uses Sun Java. ICQ is a Pain in the you know where since it will push the CPU up to 100% and crashed explorer on bootup until you figure out it's MS Java that needs to be reinstalled before it works. Sniffer Pro on the other hand won't show the graphs unless MS Java is installed. It's not even shown as a requirement.

• 1 month later...

I read somewhere that MATLAB R13 also needs MS JAVA VM.

So if you use MatLab don't uninstall MS JAVA.

• 4 months later...
ICQ requires MS Java to work...  ...every once in awhile, ICQ will not load or have other issues that reloading MS Java will fix.

Is ICQ the only IM you ICQ users use? If you use AIM, MSN, Yahoo or others, try a multi messenger program such as Trilian or my favorite, Miranda [my fav b/c of its minimalist interface and <5 MB memory usage].

These programs fixed my ICQ issues as they do not require MS java and support ICQ as well.

I use the original client for each one as the others lacks some of the features in one way or another... Uninstalling ICQ also breaks Microsoft COM+ service.

Wow thats a piece of sh** of software then. Never experienced software being able of doing that :)

Yeah, read this thread... this is interesting...

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=758414

I was wondering why PowerQuest DriveImage 7.0 and Norton Ghost 9.0 (which is based on DriveImage) kept saying Catosphoric error. I had to tell Symantec how to fix the problem. :)

• 6 months later...

Calm down now, you don't have to uninstall it if you don't want to.

Guest James
Calm down now, you don't have to uninstall it if you don't want to.

You're right. I'm sorry. I just dont like sun java because it is sooooo slow.

FUCKlNG ######!

I'll teach you a lesson in manners if I run into you in person.

Did Sun mug you in a dark alley or something? No one can hate something that much just because it's slow....

• 2 years later...
Put the NOMSJAVA.reg in the same directory where you have the above mentioned .bat or .cmd

:) ok, but where to download the regfile itself? i've checked your post but i can't c any HL to the file itself? where should i look for it?