LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Inspiron 8500 geforce 4200 go

Guest Pmb

Hi, i have a inspiron 8500 p4 2.2 1gb ram and a 64mb geforce4 4200 go.

I just got the farcry demo and afeter installong it i tried to play it, but the game its too too too slow. Ive been told i need the forceware drivers but im not sure, the only driver i have is the nvidia geforce4 4200 fo from dell's website.

Could u plz help me and tell me if with those forceware 53.03 drivers i could play the game, because i had exactly the same problem with prince of persia witch its actually also from ubisoft, i did also install the game without problems, but at the time of playing it it was impossible, also too too slow as if i had a 8mb video card.

I will also would like to know if i install those forceware drivers ill have any kind of issue in my computer, any known bug or something

Thanks.

P.

Guest thegetch

hi,

i have the exact same computer as u and had the same problem. the solution i found was to render the game using OpenGL instead of Direct3D. I found that the game runs fairly well with medium settings in OpenGL whereas the game would barely run on low in Direct3D. Look on farcry's forums if u don't know how to change the rendering.