LaptopVideo2Go Forums

56.64 language

Guest Miguel

Guest Miguel

Hi,

I´ve instaled nv56.64 drivers on my toshiba 5100-201, WXP Home, Geforce 4 440 go, P4-m 1.6. Althout it seem to implement menus in Portuguese, they apear in English.

Can anyone Help ? How can I make the menus appear in Portuguese ?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel

Have you downloaded the english only or International version?

Ok here we go. Extract and move the files in your 56.64 folder. Eventually you have to put some lines in the INF like this.

[nv_CoInstaller_AddReg]

HKR, Uninstall, CopyFiles, %REG_SZ_APPEND%, "nvrsptb.dll,nvwrsptb.dll,nvcpptb.hlp,nvwcpptb.hlp"

And also

[nv.Panel.Localized]

nvwrsptb.dll

and [nv.Help.Localized]

nvwcpptb.hlp

Pls. tell us if the localization works and if the portuguese text appears in the correct format in the control panel.

ptb_localization.exe

Guest Miguel

Hi Dontknow,

I've just tried the procedure you've mentioned and it works just fine. I've even trid on v56.82 and it works too.

Thanks a lot,

Miguel

PS: I couldn't unzip your localized files, but I had the 56.64 international files, wich I've used.

:)

I couldn't unzip your localized files, but I had the 56.64 international files, wich I've used

it's a self extracting ".EXE" file. Just hit enter. :)

Pieter has removed all localizations in the infs.

But the files are in the driver archive, so if you want localization just add it in the above mentioned way.

We just had that topic about localization behind the scenes. I prefer english only, cuz the localization is not well done (at least in german). Why do you need it? Miguel, you write and speak english, right? too lazy ? :)

What i'd like to know, do you have cut-off text in the ControlPanel and what about the help text (rightClick or just hover the mouse over) to each item in the CPL??

Guest Miguel

Hi Dontknow,

I've doubleclicked on the file but all I get is an error message.

The localized files just work perfectly, no cut-off words, and the right click help menu also works.

I prefer to have the menus in Portuguese because i'm a little obssesive. My WXP is in Portuguese also, as well as Office, corelDraw... so I prefer to have everything alike.

By the way, I've downgraded to 53.06 because of the "stand-by-don't-resume" problem.

Do you know that ptb is Brazilian Portuguese and pt is Portuguese, Dontknow ? :)

Again, Thanks,

Miguel

Miguel,

First we tought you were mexican, but then you wrote you need Portuguese, so i thought you were SouthAmerican or something. So i included the Brazilian Portuguese instead of Iberian Portuguese. :)

The . exe is ok . ???