LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v44.68 XP 32bit | DELL

®®®

:: UPDATES

- 09.04.2004: repacked v44.68 archive, so it includes both MultiLanguage AND English only, for those who don't want to fiddle around

:: NOTES

v44.68:

- mobile driver for 2K.XP, filedate 17.06.2003, released ???

- MultiLanguage, alternatively also available in English only

- released by DELL for all mobile Cards

- use this if you prefer speed, its fast and Stable.

:: OPEN ISSUES

- since v42.54, Quadro4: Enabling Hyper-Threading can drop performance as much as 65%. This issue is being actively investigated but has no known workaround.

:: ISSUES RESOLVED

:: WORKING CONFIGURATIONS

all mobile GPUs:

+DELL :

Inspiron 8100 | GeForce2 Go | UXGA (1600x1200)

Precision

+TOSHIBA :

Satellite 5105 S501, GeForce4 440 GO 32 MB, 1400x1050

+HP +COMPAQ :

+SONY all

+ACER all

+GERICOM all

+IBM ThinkPad all

:: NON-WORKING CONFIGURATIONS

:: INTENDED CARDS FROM ORIGINAL INF

NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.1  = "Dell 8000"
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.2  = "Dell 8200"
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.3  = "Dell C840"
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.4  = "Dell C610"
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.5  = "Dell 4100"
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.6  = "Dell C810"
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.7  = "Dell 8100"
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.8  = "Dell 2650"
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.9  = "Dell V740"
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.10 = "NVIDIA GeForce2 Go"
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.11 = "NVIDIA GeForce2 Go "
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.12 = "NVIDIA GeForce2 Go  "
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0112.13 = "NVIDIA GeForce2 Go   "
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0113.1  = "Dell M40"
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0113.2  = "Dell M40 "
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0113.3  = "Dell M40  "
NVIDIA_NV11.DEV_0113.4  = "Dell M40   "
NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0174.1  = "Dell 8200 "
NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0174.2  = "Dell C840 "
NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0174.3  = "NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go (Dell Mobile)"
NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_0174.4  = "NVIDIA GeForce4 440 Go (Dell Mobile) "
NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_017C.1  = "Dell Precision M50"
NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_017C.2  = "Dell Precision M50 "
NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_017C.3  = "NVIDIA Quadro4 500 GoGL (Dell Mobile)"
NVIDIA_NV17.DEV_017C.4  = "NVIDIA Quadro4 500 GoGL (Dell Mobile) "
NVIDIA_NV28.DEV_0286.1  = "NVIDIA GeForce4 4200 Go (Dell Mobile)"
NVIDIA_NV28.DEV_028C.1  = "NVIDIA Quadro4 700 GoGL (Dell Mobile)"
NVIDIA_NV28.DEV_028C.2  = "NVIDIA Quadro4 700 GoGL (Dell Mobile) "
NVIDIA_NV31.DEV_031A.1  = "NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5600"
NVIDIA_NV31.DEV_031A.2  = "NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5600 "
NVIDIA_NV31.DEV_031A.3  = "NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5600  "
NVIDIA_NV31.DEV_031C.1  = "NVIDIA Quadro FX Go700"
NVIDIA_NV31.DEV_031C.2  = "NVIDIA Quadro FX Go700 "
NVIDIA_NV34.DEV_0324.1  = "NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200"

:: DOWNLOAD & x-click-but21.gif

filesize 7.430.657 bytes

mobile INF modified for v44.68

OEM4468NVDM.zip ( 6.41k ) Number of downloads: 161

• 10 months later...

I've got a toshiba laptop with a geforce 4 mx 420 32 mb video card.Is this really the best forceware i can try?

It ckecked it and it doesn't support multiple monitors.I really want this feature because i want to connect my tv to the opc through tv-out?What shall i do?

Times have changes. We now have good times, so any driver should work. The new set 6x.xx and 7x.xx offer a more comfortable NV Control Panel, so try these for TV-Out reasons

I've got a toshiba laptop with a geforce 4 mx 420 32 mb video card.Is this really the best forceware i can try?

It ckecked it and it doesn't support multiple monitors.I really want this feature because i want to connect my tv to the opc through tv-out?What shall i do?

44.68 has Dualview and Clone mode etc.

A monitor/TV etc has to be attached before they'll show up in the control panel.

Might need a reboot with the device attached.

44.68 are one of the best drivers ever made, but time has moved on somewhat and there are now plenty of more modern drivers which are more functional.

Like ®®® said, you can use any driver you see here.

Try starting with 67.02, it's what I'm using right now.

Guest DJ Romeo

It's me again.

Well the tv and laptop are connected and the system has been rebooted but there's not an option of settings multiple monitors.

I'm sure for that cause the previous detonators i had supported it and i used it.I used the omega detontaors for the laptop but then i heard about this site and wanted to check these drivers.

Are you sure that 6x.xx forceware will be compatible with my geforce 4 mx card?I'll give them i try then,thanx!

DJ,

Do you have an MX 420 GPU?, this would be the first laptop with a desktop GPU that I've come accross.

Chances are you have GF4 420go based on the MX420, then any INF will work with your GPU.

If you do have a MX420 then only v30.xx + INFs will work (added desktop support)

I made the INF for Omega so there is very little difference in supporting you GPU.

This is odd, as Twinview was already available with my orignal driver (16.20)

Edit the the INF (nv4_disp.inf) with a text editor like Notepad.

Look for a section called

[nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings]

Add this line in

HKR,, DevicesConnected,              %REG_DWORD%, 0x10101

Reinstall the driver.

That line will force all devices out wether you have anything connected or not.

Good luck.

Actually yes i do have 420 go,and failed to mention it so its my mistake sorry!

So i did installed 67.03 forceware and tv is supported now no worries nut i still have some questions!

A)When i installed the modified inf,in some point it required a xertain file,nvinstall.dll i think it was,and there wasn't such file in the 67.03 directory,so i chose one i had from the 45.23 with the same name!Is that bad?

B)What's the difference between the quality and performance infs?I chose quality!

C)And last question,dual mode doesn't work or ever worked it just displays a blue screen in my tv and with the current forceware it displays an error and have to uncheck the "extend my windows desktop" option.I just use clone option.Does that make any differance?

P.S.You say you're the creator of omega drivers?When i used them there was a bug in which,when the computer didn't resume from standby!Don't know why but the screen was left blank and had to power off the laptop!

A Odd no one else has noticed that file missing, not ideal to go back so far with files.

B I make 3 INFs the normal INF which is fully tweaked and has all GPU support.

The performance INF has some extra performance settings added and is the same as the above.

Sometimes I make a tweakless INF this is only for desktops really as all that is added is all GPU support.

C I use Dual mode with 67.02 with no problems and I have a GF2go.

Dualview can vary how it works with laptops, as OEMs can have various settings.

You did uninstall the old driver first ? Very important.

I gave him the PCI-ID's and the code that goes with it, he added his tweaks.

He did remove some stuff that I would have left and hence not everything works as it should for laptops.

Standby issue soltion i guess would be setting MAPOSD3toNV from 3 to 2. As we figured this is used in all newer (>60.xx or something) for some of the GF4 4x0 GPUs.

Wow you guys sure know a lot!

Well know i didn't uninstall the previous driver!Now What?If i un-install the current driver 67.03 will i return to the official initial drivers the one i had from the beginning or the previous the 44.68,and then need to un-install that one too?

And by un-installing you mean by detonator destroyer or from device manager choose un-install driver?

And what about the missing file?I'm using the 30.51 inf.

Thanx a lot for the help so far!

I just downgraded from 67.03 to 67.02 no install problem but it has the same problem with the omega drivers.Laptop doesn't resume from standby and have to power it off!What's the solution here?

For both of you:

Uninstall current driver with the Add/Remove Software Control Panel (and use you may want to use a driver cleaner www.drivercleaner.net ), reboot.

Then edit the INF and search for MAPOSD3:

Standby issue soltion i guess would be setting MAPOSD3toNV from 3 to 2. As we figured this is used in all newer (>60.xx or something) for some of the GF4 4x0 GPUs.

Save the INF , replace the original INF in the driver with the one you just changed, install driver, reboot.Done.

Actually it was me again but i've now registered!Sorry for the confusion!

Ok i will edit the inf,but i didn't have this problem with the 67.03 forceware!

I did it and it actually worked,so thanx a lot!Out of curiosity what was the purpose of that line i edited?

• 2 months later...

Would this driver be a good choice for the Geforce 4 440 65meg vidio cards?

It says its the fastest and most stable. I currently have 47.16 installed with dissapointing results going up versions so i'm going down versions and see if I cant get what I need...

Brad, 44.68 is still one of my favourite drivers, it is really where my modding really began in ernest.

It's the most stable driver ever made and it's fast.

If you want all out speed, go for 44.03 or 44.10, these were the pinnacle for DX7 performance (3DMark 2k1)

Hope this helps.

Hello, thanks again for the quick reply. OK, so 44.68 is a great overall modded driver you say, and 44.03 & 44.10 are the best for all out speed.. Got it. I'm going to test them out here soon. I'm looking for 100% speed with no regards to quality so I will start with 44.68 and work my way down. Thanks alot for your help, its greatly appriciated! Thanks

One more thing, after extracting the 4468 driver, it creates a 44.68ALL folder, and inside this folder is a 44.68, and a 44.68E folder.. Whats the difference? Is the "E" enhanced?? Thanks!

And yet another thing, the modded nv4_disp file I download with the 4468 driver, do I just replace the old nv4_disp file with the new modded one? Thats what I'm guessing you do.. Just not sure which folder to use as stated above. Thanks again!

Brad

Edited by ®®®

E=English only, ML would be MultiLanguage. Yes just replace the original INF in the 44.68 folder with the one you downloaded and install with "HaveDisk" method.

• 2 months later...
Guest Douri

Hey Guys!

SOS...SOS...SOS...

I have a Dell Laptop, inspiron 8100. I used to connect it to my TV. One day, i donno what happened or what i have pressed by mistake and now the clone icon that i can select is grayed out and i am not able to fix it .. i tried reinstalling the NVIDA thing again.. but it didn't work . Can anybody help out there? Please keep in mind that i need a step by step process since i am kinda just doesn;t know much about details ..

so HELP !!! Thanks...

It sounds like you tried reinstalling your original driver. If that's the case, try installing something more recent, along with one of our inf files to make it work correctly.

For your machine, I recommend driver version 67.66, which you can download here.

You'll need the 67.66 inf file, which you can grab here.

Finally, you'll find step-by-step instructions here.

Let us know if you have any trouble with it or if it doesn't solve the problem.

Guest Douri

Hey!

Thanks for the tip, i downloaded everything , then when i came to the installation it gave me an error that i should have windows 2000 or XP ..which i don't, I have the millineum edition .. anyuthing for that ??

HELP AGAIN!!!

thanks

...I have the millineum edition...

That is your problem right there, someone here will have to recomend some win9x/ME drivers, but If I were you I would get my hands on the nearest copy of windows xp, even if you have to ask your neighbor or something, wipe every piece of that ***** Win ME off of your PC and then install XP, it is so, so much better.

We have some win9x/ME drivers here too.

http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/pages/win9x.htm

That 71.84 with the mod INF is good to try, but I would ditch the worse OS every made that I have ever used and get a real OS.

[/WinME bashing]

Bill

Edited by Bill

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Douri

Yo guys ... i did by your advice and changed wondows to XP, I , then, doanloaded the nividia thing you suggested ..however, the tv still didn't work and moreover when i change the resolution of the screen ..it becomes blurred .. and i used to have three kinds of color combination ..t6 bits..32 bits and true color the best , now i only have 16 and 32 bits ..so guys help again ..i paid money to format and doanload XP and now i am not getting the results i need ...heeeeeeelp

• 1 year later...

This got lost during our server move last year. I see if i can find my driver Archive DVD and reupload again.....