LaptopVideo2Go Forums

v44.68 XP 32bit | DELL

®®®

Uploaded 44.68 to new server.

• 6 months later...

Are there any know SLOWDOWN issues with the 44.68 driver and the Dell C800?

I tried installing it on a GeForce4 440 go and the system would take 10-60 seconds just to open a window. 5+ minutes for the first shadow of the IE window to appear.

Rebooting in VGA Mode allowed normal speed, although the 640x480x16 mode was still just as slow.

Why would this happen?

Also, I wonder why I couldn't use the original .INF file? I had to get the modified one for the driver to load AT ALL.

Strange stuff.

44.xx is so old, really noone uses them now... please update to a newer version (sorry if I seem pushy, but there's really no reason not to). Likely you'll get better support too as there'll be a number of people out there still running 67.66 also, where I doubt you'll find anyone on here running 44.xx.

You wouldn't have been able to use the original inf due o it not supporting your GPU. It's not that it's incompatible, it's just not specifically included in the white-list in the .inf. This is the first stage of LV2Go inf modifications - making drivers useable by all and adding compatiblity for all known GPU's.

Please update to something newer, and if you keep having problems we'll be better able to troubleshoot.

Please update to something newer, and if you keep having problems we'll be better able to troubleshoot.

Thanks... I will try. I was going to try that one anyway when evidence arose that I have a bum GF4.

The laptop screen wouldn't work at all with it despite re-seating. Then, when I plopped in a GF2, all was fine! Laptop screen worked, the system was FAST, no problems at all.

The very fact the laptop screen wouldn't work tends to suggest there was a hardware problem with the card (unless there's a fundamental differnece in the connections). It was 1/2 gray from power-up.

Luckily I can return the card to the seller for exchange.

Hey!

Thanks for the tip, i downloaded everything , then when i came to the installation it gave me an error that i should have windows 2000 or XP ..which i don't, I have the millineum edition .. anyuthing for that ??

HELP AGAIN!!!

thanks

While I can't speak for the drivers like other people in this forum, I have enough experience with Windows to offer you a suggestion you may not wish to hear.

Consider getting rid of Windows ME for XP if possible, or even 2000. Windows ME is arguably the worst MS OS to come along since the first release of Win95. Many people have just given up on it.

Maybe someone will have a graphics workaround for you but there are myriad other reasons to ditch ME.

Good luck!