LaptopVideo2Go Forums

New drivers and WinDVD on Toshiba

Guest Roberto

Guest Roberto

Hi all,

I have a Toshiba Satellite 5205-S705 and I tried to install the 56.82 drivers from your site. The install worked like a charm and everything seemed to work fine. I found a problem, though: when I start WinDVD 4 (pre-installed on my machine) it switches to the lowest resolution, while with the original drivers (43.36) it stays at the screen resolution (1600*1200). I can force the resolution back to the max and WinDVD will keep working, but that's a bit annoying. I reverted back to the original drivers and the problem disappeared.

I really like the idea of using the latest drivers (I do so on my desktop)... any hint on how to solve this or, if it's known, if there are versions that do not show this problem?

Cheers

Roberto

Guest Miguel

Hi Roberto,

I think you could try this, that works on my Toshiba 5100:

1. go to windvd folder, right click on windvd.exe for properties;

2. change compatibility mode to NT4 (SP5).

Best Regards,

Miguel

WinDVD might be set up to change the monitor resolution on your laptop.

Launch WinDVD and right-click on the screen (not the controls) and select "Setup".. go to the "Video" tab and under "Preferred TV Output Resolution", select "Don't Change" then hit OK.

Hope it works..