LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Archive Not Supported

Guest spatters

Guest spatters

Hi folks,

I couldn't locate this information, so please help. I downloaded the file "5664 7zfx" and when I try to extract it I get the message "archive not supported."

Any ideas on how to resolve this one?

Thanks

spatters

Guest spatters

Well Double-Doh....installed 7zip and still get the same "archive not supported message" I'm on XP-Pro is this a problem ya think?

again, any help would be very cool. thanks

sp

If you downloaded this from laptopvideo2go.com then the archive is self-extracting and should end in an exe. It is compressed using 7zip. Trying changing the extension and see if it's a sfx archive.

Dontknow is the driver man and knowledgeable with 7zip, hopefully he will have some insight.

looked at my HD but don't have 56.64, still it's on the FTP? I probably will never use it, but i downloaded the driver to check the archive.

Tested it. No errors. It's ok. Try download it again and don't rename it. Just hit ENTER to the .EXE :)

When i start the 5x.xx section in our FILES section, i will have to repack it to get a smaller archive (.dl_ -> .dll etc.)

Guest spatters

Wow thanks for the quick feedback....still having a problem...downloaded it again and got the same "archive not supported" message....running windows XP Pro...I will try to grab the copy from the FTP site rather than using http...

Any other suggestions would be great!!

spatters

I will try to grab the copy from the FTP site rather than using http...
There's no FTP here. We only have one version of 5664.exe here on laptopvideo2go. I used the word FTP b/c i upload with an FTP app. Sorry for misleading you. My fault.
5664 7zfx

It's an SFX archive, not a ZFX. Still it's an .exe, b/c it's self-extracting.

You need some amount of RAM for extracting (for LZMA-Ultra decompression you need at least 34MB RAM). Do you have 256 or 512 MB RAM? Then it should be no problem. Strange, nobody had problems before..... ???