LaptopVideo2Go Forums

Hi there

Guest Rhi

Hi, I've been toying with the idea of using the modded inf for ages and today I have taken then plunge. I have just installed the 56.82 drivers with the 20.22 modded inf. I'm not sure if these are the best ones for my system, maybe others with my config can advise. I do see an improvement from the 45.81 Dell drivers whilst playing the Far Cry demo, that's all I've had a chance to try yet. It plays a lot less jerky although it still seems quite slow at times. Any ideas on a free tool to measure frames per second so that I can gauge more acurately what performance I am getting?

I just wanted to say hi and thanks for such a great service that you provide.

Rhi

thanks.

free tool to measure frames per second

there is one called "FRAPS" which works under D3D, but it's rather old. There might be others. Also try some console commands within FarCry console (if there is one)

Fraps works with D3D and with OpenGL. A new version just came out in the past week or so. The free demo version is all you need for frame-per-second viewing, logging, and benchmarking. The registered version now has extensive facilities for recording video from within games.

-Scott-